Poll: *** The official AirTag thread (it comes in packs of four and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy AirTags?

• Yes, I'll get one

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Yes, I'll get a pack of four

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 35.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just for the lols, I've dropped one in an envelope addressed to myself and my wife is posting it from a nearby town. It'll be interesting to see how well it's tracked as it goes through the postal service if it's near to anyone's phones for them to report the position.

I seen a video on YouTube of someone doing it worked pretty well, he’s going to post the next one to Norway or Sweden can’t remember which one and can’t find the video either!

Soldato
Doesn't the AirTag beep/make a noise if it isn't in contact with the primary device after 3 days?
I can't imagine a beeping package is going to go down too well with the postal service/anyone handling the device :cry:

Associate
Doesn't the AirTag beep/make a noise if it isn't in contact with the primary device after 3 days?
I can't imagine a beeping package is going to go down too well with the postal service/anyone handling the device :cry:

Don't think that's how it works - if its near another device that isn't the owner for a period of time the iPhone it's near should have the option to make the device beep. Don't think it does it automatically.

Commissario
OP
That’s pretty cool but sadly not. Mine was dropped in a post box in Colchester hospital and now it’s at the Colchester delivery office. I don’t know whether they sort there or whether it’ll go to Chelmsford next.

Soldato
Not strictly AirTag related but after receiving mine I sold my old Tile Pro on eBay and I’ve repeatedly asked the buyer for his tile email address without success. In the meantime the tile is stuck on my account and I can track him wherever he goes, it seems that Tile is very popular in the UK too so it’s getting hits from other users. I’m not sure he understands how they work :(

Soldato
Not strictly AirTag related but after receiving mine I sold my old Tile Pro on eBay and I’ve repeatedly asked the buyer for his tile email address without success. In the meantime the tile is stuck on my account and I can track him wherever he goes, it seems that Tile is very popular in the UK too so it’s getting hits from other users. I’m not sure he understands how they work :(

So he’s received it then clipped it onto his keys/bag without even setting it up? He’s not even tried it to see how it works in case he misplaces his keys/bag.

hang on a minute while I email uvarvun to see if he can locate my keys

What a moron.

D4N

D4N

Associate
Got my pack of 4 on Thursday. Going to print a holder to put one on my car keys this weekend, and polish off the Apple logo.

Commissario
OP
AirTags work really well with iOS 15. I have one in the centre console in my car and I just had to pop out to the shops. As I walked away from the car, my phone alerted me to the fact that I’d left it behind.

Soldato
Yep same when I left the keys in the ignition but that was intentional. Can’t remember the tiles doing that but I they can as a paid for option :rolleyes:

Soldato
They're great little devices. I was at home a few weeks ago whilst my girlfriend was in Spain and I was watching her suitcase make it's way around the airport.

She got a notification on her phone that an AirTag was found moving with her and that owner of the AirTag could see the location.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Hi. Thinking of getting some of these, specifically one for the car.

I've read that if the tag is away from your phone for a length of time they start beeping.. Is this correct? I want to hide one in the car, but being in an apartment I'm not usually close to it so don't want to beeping all the time in the car park.

Back
Top Bottom