• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official Alder Lake owners thread ***

Soldato
Scratch that, just seen Kelt's LED fans and need to go get sunglasses now :p

:D

I even bought a new Corsair matching RGB mouse to go along with my Strafe RGB keyboard! :p

It's like Christmas every day now! :cry:

This is more like IRL, however the camera still makes it more bright looking than it actually is.

Q7MU971.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
It's alive!

Nice new clean Windows 11 installation, and now lots of reinstalling!

And I can't believe how quiet it is, considering there are 10 fans in the system (albeit two of those are in the GPU and silent at idle)!

And the Phanteks P600S is absolutely the best case I have ever owned or worked in, really a joy.

2VYsmV1.jpg

What's the cooler under the gpu?

Associate
Anyone else having BSOD when enabling XMP on a Tuf Z690 D4 with 12700k?

Every time XMP is enabled, upon next restart it always BSOD and needs to recover windows. Perfectly stable with XMP not enabled.

Soldato
It's early days for Alderlake bios, so I'm sure there will be a few bugs to iron out. I had a Ryzen motherboard, where the early bios wouldn't recognise xmp timings, and they were perfectly fine when entered manually. Also don't forget the xmp voltage (if different).

Man of Honour
OP
Definitely set the RAM timings manually. Most board vendors have had/may still have XMP issues and even though my mobo maker has confirmed a BIOS update with XMP fixes, I still run the manual timings. I also turned off dynamic memory timing mode and set it to "Fixed" as I suspected a RAM config issue since games kept crashing to desktop randomly and has been fine since turning that setting to fixed from dynamic.

Associate
Funny, I just started to reply to one of your earlier messages this morning, in part seeing what your AIDA64 Mem benchmark was like for latency and lo and behold!

That latency is not too shabby at all; are those the same sticks that you were running on your 9900K that did around 35ns if I remember correctly?

If you want to try you can try with DXO Photolab 5 trial and the details and preset are still in this thread here. AMD vs Intel Single threading? (post no. 163)

Oh boy Martin! Enjoy your new ADL I guess lol

unknown.png

Back
Top Bottom