• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official Alder Lake owners thread ***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
That is with 2 sticks! 2x32GB modules in A2+B2.

7ntBdDS.jpg 816RvRY.jpg

I've stopped it now though as at 100% 5 error counts were found. Looks like the issue has been this RAM so will retest when the Kingston kit arrives this eve.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Will try that shortly cheers, in the meantime here are the current settings being used, I have reverted the memory dynamic timing back to auto for now but the rest remain fixed at auto or manual (timings):

Can you spot anything out of the norm here that I should be looking to change? Also what is the system agent as don't seem to have that in my BIOS :D

20220104_104818.jpg

20220104_104804.jpg

20220104_104751.jpg

20220104_104741.jpg

20220104_104721.jpg

20220104_104847.jpg

Associate
Where you see "Internal VCCSA" set that to 1.3v.
DRAM Voltage = 1.4v
Realtime memory timing = enabled
Memory timing mode = Fixed. Whatever is not dynamic

I don't know what "memory enhancement settings" description is and what your options are.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Found it just as you posted :D

Those are all now changed and under Memory Enhancement here is what's available:
ZmtQpvU.jpg

Realtime memory timing btw only gives auto or disabled so I assume auto is on by default.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Yup same here, I am assuming that they simply copy pasted the description from another board's BIOS and forgot to update or maybe even add the Normal option or something.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Peak GB! there's are reason we don't touch that brand for oc'ing :D But yeah try these changes in karhu and see if it's any better

Heh, I'll admit once I got my old GB Z170X Gaming 5 mobo tweaked in the BIOS it was super stable and performed at the top of its then class for several years but that did need BIOS updates up until 2018 so a good few years in.

Running karhu now and so far no errors reported and at 160% coverage at time of writing:

EuGbuKv.jpg

Cheers btw, whilst the karhu tool cost £9, you may well have saved me £360 (+£130 on a new PSU) since if this continues for the next hour+ with no errors and I rerun Cyberpunk and it does not CTD then I can return the replacement parts unopened!

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
I'm sure another BIOS update or two will sort that 4000 kit :D

So far the RAM test is still running, no errors at all. I will let it get to 6000% assuming it stays like this and after that point I can be confident in general stability and then retest Cyberpunk 2077. If that is then also free from any CTD then that's stability fully sorted in and out of high end gaming

Edit*
zuXrawg.jpg

Should I keep running it? At present the error detection rate according to the FAQ is 92% or more, it will hit 99% when it gets to 6400% coverage but is 92%+ enough to call it stable perhaps?

Last edited:
Soldato
Still testing and trying to find an ideal daily overclock for this 12600kf, I've gone from a simple
All core 52/E Cores 41 @1.36v to
Per core 54/54/53/53/52/52
E Cores 42
Cache 42
1.38v

There's just so many settings left in the Asus Bios that I have no idea about so more research is needed.

Next up is Ram, currently using Corsair LPX 3600 c18, but I've little to no experience in overclocking and tuning ram, any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Associate
I'm sure another BIOS update or two will sort that 4000 kit :D

So far the RAM test is still running, no errors at all. I will let it get to 6000% assuming it stays like this and after that point I can be confident in general stability and then retest Cyberpunk 2077. If that is then also free from any CTD then that's stability fully sorted in and out of high end gaming

Edit*
zuXrawg.jpg

Should I keep running it? At present the error detection rate according to the FAQ is 92% or more, it will hit 99% when it gets to 6400% coverage but is 92%+ enough to call it stable perhaps?

Go play some games. Then let it run overnight. Then you're double confirmed.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Cyberpunk played for a bit, no CTD, looks like it was indeed those BIOS mem settings! I've also been able to re-adjust my 3080 Ti undervolt as a result because previously I thought the CTDs were related to that but could not tweak the uv because could not fully test stability.

Next up is Ram, currently using Corsair LPX 3600 c18, but I've little to no experience in overclocking and tuning ram, any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Be interested to see if you get anything out of this as sounds like we have the same memory? Mine is ‎CMK64GX4M2D3600C18

V F

V F

Soldato
Peak GB! there's are reason we don't touch that brand for oc'ing :D But yeah try these changes in karhu and see if it's any better

Funny, Gigabyte was so highly praised here 2 - 6 years ago. Did it all go downhill when Aorus became a thing?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Tbh when they are matured up they just work and are great. That has been my experience. I guess we have reached a stage with ADL of relative stability with a bit of BIOS setting tweaks and the fact that we got there in a couple of months on a brand new platform is quite impressive I'd have to say. I don't think there has been a single mobo maker who has not had some type of issue to resolve.

Likewise selective RAM depending on mobo has been a thing for years as well. For me it's the hardware spec itself and now, the aesthetics to match what I'm after. This board seemed to look and match the specs I liked to suit the minimalistic non-RGB build :D

Caporegime
Anyone using this with a Dark Rock Slim?

Just tried Cinebench and it started to hit 100 degrees within about 20 seconds so stopped it.

Perhaps the cooler just isnt up to it but i thought it would be fine at stock.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Is Multi Core Enhancement set to Auto or Enabled in the BIOS? Enabled will max turbo the cores at all times, auto won't. This might explain the rather swift jump to 100 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom