• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official Alder Lake owners thread ***

Soldato
I'm not even joking....

I just went on Asrocks website to check for any new bioses and low and behold!!!!! New bios just dropped! This was not there this morning! The 10.01 has replaced the 9.01 bios.

rWbuupN.jpg

How much you betting when i try this bios it fixes the VCCSA voltage?

Edit: New bios is confirmed not to fix the issue. Tech support has got back to me and saying they're working on fixing it asap!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
@mrk IIRC going from Gear 1 to 2, or Auto wasn't as simple as making a change and then restarting the PC. I needed to do a full reset of the BIOS, get that to boot ok and then go back in to restore my fan profile and make other adjustments. By default it seemed to pick up the appropriate Gear move as required, per SPD rating of the RAM.

Overall a decent result for you. Hopefully it will work out well with your usage.
Hmm interesting, that would explain that then. I'm at 3200MHz 1:1 and cba with the faff again so will just leave be I think. Lightroom export has shown that there is no difference which I imagine is thanks to the recently added GPU acceleration improvements Adobe have enabled. I will leave be I would say now.

Soldato
Hmm interesting, that would explain that then. I'm at 3200MHz 1:1 and cba with the faff again so will just leave be I think. Lightroom export has shown that there is no difference which I imagine is thanks to the recently added GPU acceleration improvements Adobe have enabled. I will leave be I would say now.

up to you noting a similar thing, when changing Gear modes, I assumed that my issues were a one off, as such. But, like I mentioned, it took a full BIOS reset to work correctly going from one to the other. Strange, but it is what it is.

I can only imagine that the non-differences might have surprised you, but at least you know that so far you have lost nothing in terms of useful returns and might have gained some benefits in terms of stability.

Soldato
I'm not even joking....

I just went on Asrocks website to check for any new bioses and low and behold!!!!! New bios just dropped! This was not there this morning! The 10.01 has replaced the 9.01 bios.

rWbuupN.jpg

How much you betting when i try this bios it fixes the VCCSA voltage?

Edit: New bios is confirmed not to fix the issue. Tech support has got back to me and saying they're working on fixing it asap!
That could work out ok.?

When I first had my MSI board it has a couple of issues that I could not accept. I had a limited window of return and even tho I reported the issues I had not expected a speedy resolve .
Just after changing it for a Gigabyte board, more expensive, they fixed both issues with a BIOS update!

Of course I did not know how long that would take and had a reducing time limit on returning the board.

Let us know what you do and how things work out for you.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Soldato
That could work out ok.?

When I first had my MSI board it has a couple of issues that I could not accept. I had a limited window of return and even tho I reported the issues I had not expected a speedy resolve .
Just after changing it for a Gigabyte board, more expensive, they fixed both issues with a BIOS update!

Of course I did not know how long that would take and had a reducing time limit on returning the board.

Let us know what you do and how things work out for you.

Best of luck.
Nah unfortunately not, the tech support who i was in contact with has told me the bios update does not fix the high voltage so no point updating. He said Asrock is aware of the issue now and is working on a fix asap.

Soldato
Because I'm reading a lot on this forum that zen 3 beats alder lake in efficiency, here is a run from my 12900 @ 65 watts. In order for a 5800x to get this score, it need 150watts...so can someone explain to me why people in this forum claim that zen 3 is more efficient?

12900-65w.png

Don
Because I'm reading a lot on this forum that zen 3 beats alder lake in efficiency, here is a run from my 12900 @ 65 watts. In order for a 5800x to get this score, it need 150watts...so can someone explain to me why people in this forum claim that zen 3 is more efficient?

12900-65w.png

And it can sustain that performance at 65watts indefinitely without throttling etc?

Soldato
P sure they are referring to "out of the box! really
You can't compare them out of the box cause there are E cores as well. Im talking about the golden cove cores.

Sorry if this wasn't clear, that's a run with E cores off, just the P cores. With e cores on the score would probably be close to 20k, maybe more, dunno

Back
Top Bottom