• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE OFFICIAL AMD CHIPSET DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I thought I'd create an OFFICIAL AMD chipset drivers thread as a satire of the AMD and Nvidia GPU driver threads. :p

You can find the drivers found here.

There was an updated set of drivers pushed yesterday. They seem to be a fairly minor update but you can find a reddit discussion here on what was updated. New power plan apparently.

Last edited:
Soldato
LOL! Some happy people in that Reddit thread. I'll stick with the current BIOS and drivers until this **** show settles.

Looks like AMD are on it though and have got together to discuss the post-launch "niggles":

z1i18pD.jpg

Soldato
These chipset drivers have worked well for me. Has helped with the issue I was having with the cores boosting up to full speed even doing simple basic things on the desktop. And, unlike Steedie, my temps have dropped but the performance has improved.

Permabanned
Anybody had an issue with the pc turning itself back on after a shutdown?

It doesn’t do it all the time but when it plays up I can turn it off 3-4 times in a row and it’ll turn itself back on. Sometimes I have to shut it down and turn off the psu via its switch.

Soldato
Anybody had an issue with the pc turning itself back on after a shutdown?

It doesn’t do it all the time but when it plays up I can turn it off 3-4 times in a row and it’ll turn itself back on. Sometimes I have to shut it down and turn off the psu via its switch.

No, but I have an issue where a restart from W10 actually does a full power cycle instead (shutdown fully and power on).

Soldato
can anyone confirm what the minimum processor state in ryzen balanced is set at on these drivers? mine is 99%
I use Windows High Perf with 1% minimum since got the 3900X. Finding it has the most sustained boost clocks, (4.4 on 12 core, 4.6 on 6 core configuration) with the CPU idling most of the time at 0.95v

Back
Top Bottom