• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE OFFICIAL AMD CHIPSET DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I thought I'd create an OFFICIAL AMD chipset drivers thread as a satire of the AMD and Nvidia GPU driver threads. :p

You can find the drivers found here.

There was an updated set of drivers pushed yesterday. They seem to be a fairly minor update but you can find a reddit discussion here on what was updated. New power plan apparently.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well... there is a bug somewhere.

Firstly I couldn't remove the old version. When I ran uninstaller it was just sitting at 0%

I installed new over the top. Then did an uninstall. To find that the driver still showed in add/remove as still installed.

Right click remove and it is gone. Installed the new version which is 100% installed but doesn't show up in add/remove programs....

Soldato
OP
Known Issues
  • Windows Installer pop up message may appear during install
  • Moving installer window during install process may cause installer window to flicker/move around the screen
  • Cannot open installation log file after completion
  • Installer may not update a sub-package to the latest version
    • Workaround: Manually uninstall any prior sub-package, reboot, then re-install the full Chipset package
This is why I never install over the top. It's too messy. Too many things can get left behind. Just remove the lot and do a clean install. Same goes for GPU drivers.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
I know you are joking but comparatively, this is quite a big one! WDDM 2.7 comes with 20H1 and includes hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling which should result in better minimums and averages/lower latency, Shader model 6.5, D12 Raytracing 1.1, Mesh Shader, Sample feedback and better memory usage in DX12.

Everyone is going to be releasing drivers to open these features up

You don't know me very well. I wasn't joking. :D:p;):cool:

BIOSes, drivers, patches etc rock my boat.

Back
Top Bottom