• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Have you asked Siri for the specific radio station? If for example you've got an idea of stations available through 'TuneIn', then ask Siri, I've just tried to ask for 'TalkSport' and 'TalkRadio', both worked fine and 'LBC UK.
Hope that helps.

P.S. I'm guessing you've done the latest update firmware wise

yeah firmware update yesterday. Tried LBC and it worked but can’t get Clyde one and Clyde two to play which are my local stations.

Av8

Av8

Associate
yeah firmware update yesterday. Tried LBC and it worked but can’t get Clyde one and Clyde two to play which are my local stations.

I've just asked Siri, and I've managed Clyde radio but not 'One' or 'Two' non specific ufn.

Edit, just tried asking for 'Clyde radio One' that worked.

Commissario
OP
I can hear some music playing from downstairs in the front room. What do I have to say to my HomePod upstairs so it's playing the same as the one downstairs?

Is it possible to do this via voice control or do I have to use the Home app?

Associate
Got the HomePod mini for my home gym earlier on in the week and really impressed with it, bought it for music (which sounds great for the size of it) although discovered you can ask Siri to count down 60 seconds so use it for that to time the rest time between sets - reduced my workout time by 10 mins lol

Soldato
I can hear some music playing from downstairs in the front room. What do I have to say to my HomePod upstairs so it's playing the same as the one downstairs?

Is it possible to do this via voice control or do I have to use the Home app?

Hey Siri play this everywhere or hey Siri play this in Room X works for me. When Siri is playing nice, that is, and assuming the speakers are all added to HomeKit.

Commissario
OP
Hey Siri play this everywhere or hey Siri play this in Room X works for me. When Siri is playing nice, that is, and assuming the speakers are all added to HomeKit.
That doesn't work when the HomePod that's playing is in a different room. I'm trying to get the HomePod that's next to me to start playing the same as the one that's downstairs, not project what I'm listening to onto another HomePod that's in a different room.
discovered you can ask Siri to count down 60 seconds so use it for that to time the rest time between sets - reduced my workout time by 10 mins lol
We use timers all the time on the HomePods, I use them when baking bread, my wife uses them when she's cooking. You can set multiple timers, each with their own name.

Associate
Ah thank you...that’s why sometimes it responds no timer found! I’ll try that as would like different timers depending on what exercises I’m doing.

Commissario
OP
I'd love to know what the sales figures for the HomePod mini are. I ordered four from Apple this morning (in batches of two) and they were showing a delivery date of 16th February. I checked and John Lewis have them in stock so I've cancelled my Apple orders, ordered from John Lewis instead and they'll be here tomorrow.

Considering they've been available since the middle of November, it's surprising the lead time from Apple is still so long. These must be absolutely flying out of the doors.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm still on the fence about getting one of these. I worry that the sound quality will be too much of a downgrade from the big one that it will annoy me.

Commissario
OP
What do you think to the sound quality? Do you not get 14 days from places like john lewis as well?
I use the Mini in my office for background music and Siri. It's a small room and it works really well. The other ones I'm buying are all going in relatively small rooms (single bedrooms and my shack) so don't need full size. When I turn the volume up, it sounds good but obviously not as good as the stereo pair of full size ones.

I don't know what the JL return policy is.

Soldato
I'm still on the fence about getting one of these. I worry that the sound quality will be too much of a downgrade from the big one that it will annoy me.

@fez - I would definitely order one as Feek suggested and try it out. If you don't like it simply return it.

I got my HomePod Mini a few days ago and I'm really impressed by it. I'm using it in my bedroom and the sound it can generate is seriously impressive.
Yes, it suffers a little bit with a slight lack of bass compared to the full size version, but that's to be expected when the original HomePod has a high-excursion woofer built in.

All being said for £99 I think it's great.

Associate
I had one arrive a week or so ago and plugged it in to update and what not. Was immediately impressed at the bass it was able to generate just from light testing.

Back in the box for now until we move house and nowhere useful to place it in current flat.

Commissario
OP
I've just started setting up Hue lights around the house and have put one in our bedroom but it's the only room without a HomePod so when I went in and said "Hey Siri, turn on the bedroom lights", nothing happened!

It's quite a big room so I'll HomePod it up but I don't know whether to just grab another mini or wait to see if the full one gets a refresh.

Soldato
Does Siri take a while to adapt to your voice? I’m struggling to activate the HomePod with “Hey Siri”. Once it’s activated, all is well though.

Commissario
OP
Does Siri take a while to adapt to your voice? I’m struggling to activate the HomePod with “Hey Siri”

Not that I’ve noticed - We’ve now got four minis and a stereo pair of the originals and if any of the family call, he always responds. If we say “Hey Siri, who am I?” He identifies us correctly.

Associate
Just got a Homepod Mini and loving it so far but I have a couple of questions

1, When I ask for news it gives me the BBC which is fine but its just a couple of minutes of highlights, is there a way of getting more?
2, When I ask for tech news it just seems to be all about podcasts? is there a way to change this?

Back
Top Bottom