• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
We had something similar with ours and I fixed it by logging out of the HomePod account....it just uses our personal requests so I guess it uses our individual Apple Music accounts instead?

I’m going to wait for 16.1, see if that fixes, if not will likely just reset them. I read a big thread recently on macrumours, so not alone.

Soldato
Anyone on 16.1 on the HomePods.

All ok?

I have not updated yet, but saw a thread elsewhere that mentioned 16.1 has caused them to run hot, never really felt mine though, lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought a HomePod mini because I needed an alarm clock and something to play soothing music while I try to sleep, and I'm amazed by how good it sounds. At first, it wasn't working, but after updating it to the latest HomePodOS, it all seems to be good.

Associate
Are the homepods worth a purchase for kitchen and garden listening? or should I be looking at the much higher end with the devialet mania?

Best speakers I've owned are a pair of Audio Pro C10's but just want something portable again now.

Soldato
Are the homepods worth a purchase for kitchen and garden listening? or should I be looking at the much higher end with the devialet mania?

Best speakers I've owned are a pair of Audio Pro C10's but just want something portable again now.

I've got a couple in the kitchen. They're good enough for the size/price.

Soldato
Can anyone comment on how the HomePods work with android/google phones? I'm an iPhone user, but my GF has a Google Pixel, and I imagine that would make it harder for her to connect and use it as effortlessly as an iPhone?
Thanks!

Also, if it is a pain to use them with non iPhones, what's the best non apple equivalent to the bigger HomePod? The Sonos One?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Can anyone comment on how the HomePods work with android/google phones? I'm an iPhone user, but my GF has a Google Pixel, and I imagine that would make it harder for her to connect and use it as effortlessly as an iPhone?
Thanks!

Also, if it is a pain to use them with non iPhones, what's the best non apple equivalent to the bigger HomePod? The Sonos One?

Sonos would be better, still has AirPlay support for your iPhone and you can enable Google assistant on them to have some smart features. Google assistant can play music from most services whereas HomePod it’s limited. Spotify for example would only be usable if air played to the HomePod.

Associate
Thanks!

Soldato
So it seems the latest update allows for song requests through Siri for Spotify. Has anyone managed to get this working? When I try I get a prompt to continue with the request on the device. Upon clicking on the notification on the iPhone nothing happens.

Back
Top Bottom