• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
My parents needed a new TV but didn’t want anything big so I made them get the LG C3. Bought a refurbed ATV (latest model) and rather than them forking out for a soundbar the HomePods I got them a while back are now a stereo pair for the TV as well now after repositioning.

Pretty neat and mum’s also happy because now if she’s getting an unwanted running commentary when she’s watching something she can stick her AirPods Pro on and listen through them (and get the surround/positional audio where supported). No lag, pretty good solution given they don’t want a surround set-up. TV isn’t bad either!

Last edited:
Associate
Hope someone can help.

My homepod mini doesn't seem to functioning properly today.
  • I have two lights and two plugs controlled by the homepod.
  • Both lights are set up through the hue app and hue bridge.
  • Both plugs are set up directly in the home app.
  • Homepod is on os 17.3. My iphone is on ios 17.3.
  • The home app is saying that the hue bridge is connected
The problem is that the home app is saying "no response" for both the lights and both the plugs (which control lamps in the hall).
Asking siri on the homepod to turn on "x" gives the response "I'm sorry some accessories didn't respond".
Ive rebooted everything (router, hue bridge, homepod, lamps) - same result as above.

Any ideas what it could be. I'm really loathe to do a full reset and set up from scratch as I think the problem lies with the homepod or the OS - I can control the two hue lights through the hue app.

Soldato
Hope someone can help.

My homepod mini doesn't seem to functioning properly today.
  • I have two lights and two plugs controlled by the homepod.
  • Both lights are set up through the hue app and hue bridge.
  • Both plugs are set up directly in the home app.
  • Homepod is on os 17.3. My iphone is on ios 17.3.
  • The home app is saying that the hue bridge is connected
The problem is that the home app is saying "no response" for both the lights and both the plugs (which control lamps in the hall).
Asking siri on the homepod to turn on "x" gives the response "I'm sorry some accessories didn't respond".
Ive rebooted everything (router, hue bridge, homepod, lamps) - same result as above.

Any ideas what it could be. I'm really loathe to do a full reset and set up from scratch as I think the problem lies with the homepod or the OS - I can control the two hue lights through the hue app.
Could it be anything to do with the HomePodOS update that was released yesterday?

Edit: Try updating all your Apple stuff to the latest version. It could be something weird from running different devices with different versions of the OS.

Last edited:
Associate
Could it be anything to do with the HomePodOS update that was released yesterday?

Edit: Try updating all your Apple stuff to the latest version. It could be something weird from running different devices with different versions of the OS.

It could well be the homepod os update thats "broken" this - I have it on auto update which I think im now regretting.
I updated my iphone this morning in case it was a mismatch of os versions - didnt make any difference.

Commissario
OP

Av8

Av8

Associate
Thinking about this, if it's on the side somewhere in your house you would have to continuously have to keep getting up to look at the screen unlike other smart display kind of things. But knowing Apple they'll sell it on the basis of screen sharing via iPhone/iPad etc, sort of defeats the object.

Back
Top Bottom