*** The Official Apple September 9th 2024 @ 18:00 "It's Glowtime" event thread ***

That sounds like a hardware issue more than a bug. I’d be taking the phone back and asking for a replacement. If it was a software bug then you’d hear howls of outrage from millions
That sounds like it could be a hardware related issue and not software.
Unfortunately I can’t just take the phone back and Apple Stores are pretty overwhelming, so I suppose that’s why I’ve kinda put up with it.

And I doubt AASPs have replacements to hand, so they’d probably have to send it back to Apple.

Humour me, what bugs do you experience?
Personally with iOS 17, app switcher bug and various app crashes; within work, similar although have also seen connectivity issues which have cropped up in other majors.
By the way, i'm not in any way suggesting Android is better or that there aren't plenty of Apple users that have never had a single issue with their devices, but when you deal with a large mixture of devices and OS's on the daily, it's easy to see that most OS's are as **** and as good as each other.

Any way, i'm derailing this enough so...

Last edited:
Humour me, what bugs do you experience?

Have action button on my 15 Pro setup to open the camera. Most of the time it opens the camera and freezes, I have to swipe up on the camera app and reopen it. Has been like this for as long as I can remember.

Have action button on my 15 Pro setup to open the camera. Most of the time it opens the camera and freezes, I have to swipe up on the camera app and reopen it. Has been like this for as long as I can remember.
Seems a pretty big bug. Have you reported it to Apple? If it was widespread they would have patched it by now. Unless it’s a hardware issue somehow.

Nothing? Literally nothing?
She’s rebooted but I can touch anything or access anything. I managed to get it to reboot via the up down and power, still the same. Can’t even take a call.

Thankfully it was a fresh ready so I removed all the saved stuff yesterday off it. Backed up contacts etc. I did a full wipe and then updated the Software to the latest.

Working perfectly. Like blown away with how smooth it was. Now paper weight that just flashes and bleeps. Can’t even get to my wallet.

At the risk of stating the obvious, this sounds like a glitch more than anything. I’ve got an iPhone 12 Pro Max and it upgraded to iOS 18 no problem. Hope you manage to get it sorted out
Tried again and nothing. Fair play I went to Apple today and they replaced the handset and updated it there and then. I had my laptop with me and I dumped back the data I needed and fully working.

Back
Top Bottom