*** The Official Apple September 9th 2024 @ 18:00 "It's Glowtime" event thread ***

I’ll be getting the 16 pro, still can’t persuade myself that I’d get on with a max.

I’m currently on a 14 pro and if I’m honest I wished I got the 15 last year but held off. It was when my wife got the 15 that I really wanted it, the main camera on the 15 is way better than mine and I’ve found myself constantly using her phone. The wide camera with 48mp is now very appealing as I do use the wide camera a lot so that’s a massive bonus too.

Last edited:
The colours of the iPhone 16 and 16 Plus are awesome. I especially like the pink. The AirPods Max announcement was a bit of a joke though. They didn’t even upgrade them to the H2 chip. A reduction in price, even by £50, surely isn’t unreasonable.

Apple Vision says hi.

I wonder if it exists mostly just to upsell to the Pro.

Also that most likely. Called a ladder product or something? Exists to make you think “may as well go pro, but then I want larger pro”. Boom spent an extra £200 or whatever

Apple Vision is a first gen product. We might not see another :( I think it has potential

Last edited:
IIRC the SE usually gets wheeled out at a different event from the main iPhone one - maybe around Spring? Normally around the same time that a new “exclusive” colour of iPhone is churned out.
True however the rumours were near certain it was happening now. Having said that, all of what we saw in the rumour pile turned out to be exactly that, a pile, all be it a brown one.

Apples event this year I honestly believe is the single most uninspiring event that they have had in years.

Still waiting to upgrade my 11Pro. I really want to go for USB-C but the 15 didn't pull me in and I can't really justify the 16 at the moment when my 11Pro is still fine. Battery is starting to suffer but not going to upgrade within this year at least.
Also starting to want an upgrade to make use of Magsafe features as well.

I like sleekness of the new Watch, and a Black Ultra 2 is really nice but I have no need for Ultra's features. :D Maybe if I get a windfall.

Last edited:
Still waiting to upgrade my 11Pro. I really want to go for USB-C but the 15 didn't pull me in and I can't really justify the 16 at the moment when my 11Pro is still fine. Battery is starting to suffer but not going to upgrade within this year at least.
Also starting to want an upgrade to make use of Magsafe features as well.

I like sleekness of the new Watch, and a Black Ultra 2 is really nice but I have no need for Ultra's features. :D Maybe if I get a windfall.

Get the battery replaced from apple, £85 and it’ll give your phone a new life!

Every year I wonder if I could be tempted away from Android, and every year I quickly realise why I've never owned an iPhone :p
Haha, exactly the same for me but from the Apple side, I've been looking at Pixel 9 Pro and Nothing Phone 2 and the Nord Phones, they all look so much more interesting from a hardware design perspective but then I remember how bad it would be dealing with Android... then I close the tab.

Must admit I’ve always been an Apple fan, but lately there’s so many bugs that I am considering whether my next phone will be Android! I was trying to hard reset my watch this morning (it had frozen) and the Emergency SOS sound went off and I had to interrupt the call it was trying to make.

Certainly not as polished as it’s been before.

Back
Top Bottom