*** The Official Apple September 9th 2024 @ 18:00 "It's Glowtime" event thread ***

Must admit I’ve always been an Apple fan, but lately there’s so many bugs that I am considering whether my next phone will be Android! I was trying to hard reset my watch this morning (it had frozen) and the Emergency SOS sound went off and I had to interrupt the call it was trying to make.

Certainly not as polished as it’s been before.
If you want fewer bugs, definitely do not try Android.

Can’t say I’ve had any major issues though.

Haha, exactly the same for me but from the Apple side, I've been looking at Pixel 9 Pro and Nothing Phone 2 and the Nord Phones, they all look so much more interesting from a hardware design perspective but then I remember how bad it would be dealing with Android... then I close the tab.
With each Pixel release, you have to wait a couple weeks after launch to see what major design flaw it has and whether you can live with it. My main issue with Android is Google and their inability to maintain anything - the other option is Samsung, which is great if you like advertising and bloatware.

Apple are far from perfect but I find it a more enjoyable experience. Plus the Watch and AirPods are second to none.

The colours of the iPhone 16 and 16 Plus are awesome. I especially like the pink. The AirPods Max announcement was a bit of a joke though. They didn’t even upgrade them to the H2 chip. A reduction in price, even by £50, surely isn’t unreasonable.

Hmmm, the AirPods Max with USB-C are £500. Weren’t the AirPods Max with lightning originally £550? If so, it seems Apple have dropped the price by £50, haha.

Do you mean Amazon? The mods aren’t stupid, and OcUK don’t sell Apple devices, so you can say Amazon.

I just typed out rainforest for the sake of typing it, no other reason. Insinuating that I'm the one who's stupid for stating the obvious just for likes wasn't necessary tbh.

Must admit I’ve always been an Apple fan, but lately there’s so many bugs that I am considering whether my next phone will be Android!
Should give Android a whirl; arguably some flavours are better than others (Google's etc) but i wouldn't say it's any better or worse than iOS, just different - this is from someone that dailys both.

If you want fewer bugs, definitely do not try Android.
You must get a different version of iOS to the rest of us :cry:

...the other option is Samsung, which is great if you like advertising and bloatware.
Genuine question, where's this advertising with Samsung phones? I've got a few Samsung phones on the desk in front of me and i can't see any advertising in the OS other than what developers stick in apps :confused:

Similarly, what bloatware are you seeing?
Samsung bundles a lot of their own apps, some good, some terrible, although they're slowly removing some in favour of Google apps.

Must admit I’ve always been an Apple fan, but lately there’s so many bugs that I am considering whether my next phone will be Android! I was trying to hard reset my watch this morning (it had frozen) and the Emergency SOS sound went off and I had to interrupt the call it was trying to make.

Certainly not as polished as it’s been before.
Really? I'm quite surprised you've encountered bugs before? What have they been out of curiousity? I don't think I have ever encountered any software issues with any iPhone I have ever had since my first which was the iPhone 3G.

Genuine question, where's this advertising with Samsung phones? I've got a few Samsung phones on the desk in front of me and i can't see any advertising in the OS other than what developers stick in apps :confused:

Similarly, what bloatware are you seeing?
Samsung bundles a lot of their own apps, some good, some terrible, although they're slowly removing some in favour of Google apps.
Advertising as in their data scraping and where it gets sold - a lot of their smart products are also littered with ads.

Bloatware I was referring to their own apps. I'm sure some are better than the Google equivalent, but I prefer a stock experience that I can add to as needed. Bixby being forced down peoples throats, had its own button and everything - just use Google. Siri is obviously hot garbage but there might be light at the end of the tunnel for that one next year.

Let's not forget how poor the software support is on these devices (I know this has improved), and don't we also get the rubbish Exynos processors in the UK?

Yeah I have a relatively bug free experience on iPhone - one of the main reasons to stay along with the quality feel of the hardware and ecosystem integration.

What bugs? I’m sure there are some but Android was a LOT worse and generally doesn’t feel as solid. But my experience there is significantly out of date…

I like some of the innovations Android phones have had like folding screens etc. but it’s not enough to tempt me away from iPhone. That said, I haven’t bought one since my circa £500 XR so at more or less twice the price now it’s a harder sell.

Really? I'm quite surprised you've encountered bugs before? What have they been out of curiousity? I don't think I have ever encountered any software issues with any iPhone I have ever had since my first which was the iPhone 3G.
Since I got my 14 (I had no issues with my XS or the 6S before it) I often have the phone randomly stop responding to touches. It’s weird cause it’s usually fixed by putting it in standby.

That sounds like a hardware issue more than a bug. I’d be taking the phone back and asking for a replacement. If it was a software bug then you’d hear howls of outrage from millions

Back
Top Bottom