Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 7 thread (it now has a proper keyboard and everything!) ***

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 7?

• Yes - 41mm cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - 41mm non cellular

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Yes - 45mm cellular

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Yes - 45mm non cellular

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Was watching this battery test and surprised how much longer the latest series 7 lasts compared to any the others

Series 0 = 3.04
Series 1 = 3.31
Series 2= 6.07
Series 3 = 6.10
Series 4 = 7.11
Series 5 = 9.39
Series 6 = 8.13
Series SE = 9.24
Series 7 = 14.32

Last edited:
Caporegime
I got over 2 and half days with screen off. Day and a half on. Dropped considerably if I went for a run or actually used the thing. A nice as it was, any increased functionality over my Garmin just wasn't worth twice the cost and less than a 1/6th the battery time. I'm glad I tried one but for me they don't fill any purpose or made my life any easier.

Lord knows how you get 3 days out of a Galaxy 3. My sister is lucky to get 14 hours with screen on. Even more pathetic than the Apple Watch.

Soldato
Got my 7 GPS out of the box about 3pm Saturday, straight onto my wrist with no charging and it's only just complaining about 10% battery.

That's a fair bit of screen time with fiddling with apps and things, but no exercise done during that time. Screen is always off and turn on with wrist tilt.

Soldato
If you want battery life, look at the Withins stuff, I used to get near a month out of my old Steel HR, step tracking didn't seem as accurate as the Apple watch, however their sensors are medical grade if you want to go down the ScanWatch route..

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Got my 7 GPS out of the box about 3pm Saturday, straight onto my wrist with no charging and it's only just complaining about 10% battery.

That's a fair bit of screen time with fiddling with apps and things, but no exercise done during that time. Screen is always off and turn on with wrist tilt.

Thats excellent, so far the best i got was day and a half with not fiddling, but with the screen on.

Soldato
anyone had joy with the 3rd party magsafe chargers with USB-A connector? want something to throw in the glovebox just in case so USB-C isn't going to fit.

Soldato
My series 3 is starting to die. acts like its not getting charged and then when it says it's fully charged it struggles to stat connected to my phone, freezes frequently and will only show the time in the top right corner.

Tempted to grab a series 7. Realistically I've had a very good run from this watch as I originally got the 2nd gen watch which broke on a holiday and when the holiday insurance cash came through, I replaced it with the S3 that just launched.

They're such unexciting purchases though but I can't cope being without a watch for a few days when the current one finally gives up all together

Soldato
Has anyone put a case/screen protector on their 7 45mm? Amazon is a minefield of weird unknown brands with mixed reviews

I've got a protector on mine, same make that I had on the Series 3, but the screen responsiveness isn't as good as it was with the same protector and the S3..

Soldato
Never felt the need, its not a mechanical watch that will last a lifetime and they are bulky enough as it is.

It will be obsolete E waste in a few years so I really wouldn’t worry about it.

Associate
Well, I hope I do not regret this.

Coming from a complete Samsung ecosystem to mostly Apple lol.

Current phone: Samsung galaxy s21 ultra 512gb:
Current watch: Samsung galaxy watch 4 ss LTE.

New phone
Apple iPhone 13 pro max 1tb (Graphite)(28 day wait time though)
New watch
Apple watch 7 45mm LTE ss Graphite.

I hope I don't live to regret this move.

Soldato

New phone
New watch

Where did you order the iPhone from? It’s in stock at John Lewis for delivery tomorrow and it comes with 2 years warranty vs 1 year from Apple.

https://www.johnlewis.com/apple-iphone-13-pro-max-ios-6-7-inch-5g-sim-free-1tb/graphite/p5756472

Soldato

New phone
New watch

Nice. You can’t beat the Apple eco system. ;)

Associate
A quick question if i may.

On android phones, you get monthly security updates ect. do apple products inc watches ect get these or are they just now and again ?.
Cheers

Apple usually releases updates every 1 to 2 months with bug fixes and the occasional new feature, unless it's a major security issue then they tend push an update out pretty quickly. When they do those updates Apple usually releases those updates across pretty much all of their products at the same time so iPhone, iPad, Watch and Apple TV etc all come out the same day.

Back
Top Bottom