1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The official Apple Watch Strap/Band Thread ***

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Feek, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

They had a Canada Day sale where all their (USD) prices were in Canadian dollars and it was already reduced slightly from $149 to $119, so that was about £70. Free shipping. Got stung £13 by customs I think. When I got my Ligero (see previous page) it got to my door without them clocking it.

2. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Looking forward to seeing what new straps turn up in this thread with the release of the S4.

May be common knowledge but a reminder all your current 42mm bands are compatible with the new S4 44mm size (and likewise for the 38mm to 40mm) since the connector is the same size.

3. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

I just managed to snag a brand new 42mm Milanese loop from the Argos eBay outlet for £85 using the 10% off code today, that will be a nice change for my S4, also have a link bracelet and will probably grab one of the new Nike black loops when they are sold separately.

4. peige

Mobster

Brought a Juuk strap to fit my new watch and it doesn't quite fit properly. Its ok, certainly better than the standard strap but i'm not happy with the way its slotted in, its secure and the latch has popped but not quite in. New watch doesn't seem to be exactly the same as old..

[​IMG]Strap fit by , on Flickr

[​IMG]Strap fit by , on Flickr

5. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

The official straps all fit properly..

6. peige

Mobster

Juuk have just sent out an email, its confirmed that their metal straps do not fit the series 4 properly. They are trying to sort.

7. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Juuk bands don’t(!) fit S4. Crapppppp. However Eugene isn’t just going to let us suffer:

On my way home but I’m anticipating disappointment!

8. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Got added to Eugene's list of people who're going to be sent out replacement connectors eventually. He's very apologetic naturally. I suppose Juuk damned themselves in a way because unlike most comparnies they don't use the Apple connectors and decided to go with their own, and them being shaped a certain way meant any fractional change would be fatal - they already didn't fit the S3 as well as the prior models - and so it is with these ones.

In the mean time it might not be smart but the Sport Loop is very comfortable - won't be a band I'd swim with like the fluoroelastomer sport one but the Seashell one I got is an inoffensive grey and white and will do the job for now. Imagine a lot of gym sessions will make it start to reek a bit though so I'll have to give it a clean now and then...

9. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

The new Blue Horizon sport band is nice

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  10. Zeebedy

Mobster

Loving the pink :D

[​IMG]

Also ordered 4 more bands from the bay :(

Its an addiction I tell you!!! :p

11. Feek

Commissario

C'mon guys, play the game - Post links when you post pictures. We need to know where to buy these straps.

12. Zeebedy

Mobster

Sorry Feek. When my new straps come I will make sure to link..

As for this Pink strap, it was from the Apple Store Glasgow, Breahead.

13. Feek

Commissario

Gotcha - So it's an Apple one? The colour is interesting, not one I'd wear though :)
    I've gone off my sports loop and I'm back to the very first one posted in this thread, the Apple woven nylon. I've still not found a NATO style that I like enough to wear regularly.

14. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

It’s the official Apple band.

15. Zeebedy

Mobster

Yeah, a lot £49 but will compare the 3rd party ones and see how the size up in comparison. Yeah, its an acquired taste isn't it :D

The woven nylon your using ATM is sweet, looks good on that watch body.

16. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Little update from Juuk. S4 protoypes...

Kind of wish they'd just use the connectors Apple supplies rather than trying to do their own custom ones, but hopefully they'll get there eventually.

17. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Pretty much all the Juuk bands have series 4 connectors available now - had my Ligero and Vitero updated. Just hope it doesn't happen all over again with the next lot...

18. Letitbleed

Associate

Pleased to say that I now have all of my Juuk replacement connectors ( 4 Vitero's, 3 Ligero's & 1 Velo. They have done a great job, now fit perfectly and the colour matching is also perfect. Must say customer service has been first class throughout

19. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Yeah, I asked for a few extra pins with my replacement connectors because I'd damaged a couple when adjusting the links and they threw them in free of charge. Eugene comes off as a nice guy.

20. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

Has anyone used Bandmasters before?

I really want a Celestial Teal Nike Sport Band but I'm not going to pay £120+ which the resellers have them up for.