1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The official Apple Watch Strap/Band Thread ***

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Feek, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Domo

Mobster

Sorry to be slightly off topic. I’m about to get a series 4 but I would like the Nike watch face. The Nike variants appear to come with straps which aren’t so pleasing to the eye. My question is do all straps fit all Apple watches? Or am I limited with the Nike watch?

2. Feek

Commissario

All straps fit all watches - You see above I posted a picture of a Nike strap on my non Nike watch.

3. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

What extras does the Nike watch have which isn't or can't get from the normal watch?

4. Feek

Commissario

I believe there are some different faces that aren't available on the non Nike model.

5. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

So just the faces? And the included strap i guess.

I plan to get a leather clasp anyway to replace the stock one.

6. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

It includes exclusive Nike watch faces which have a complication linked to the Nike app to make it quicker to use. It has a Nike swoosh engraved on the back and obviously comes with different straps.

I went for the Nike because I preferred the anthracite Nike sport band over the standard black ban, even though I'll probably opt for something else.

7. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I see this word a lot in reviews - Complications. What is complications?

8. Feek

Commissario

Complications are the widgets, the things that run on the watch. If you have an icon for [say] the weather on the screen then that's called a 'complication'. It's an horology term based on things that were added to mechanical watches which has carried over to the smartwatch.

/edit - Have a look here.

9. JunglistE

Mobster

That's the only differences I noticed with my Nike S2 compared to standard S3

10. antc

Wise Guy

I would like to get a replacement strap or two. What straps are people buying, are you going for genuine Apple ones or are there some good third party ones? I quite like the leather loop and the link bracelet although concerned about third party link copies due to colour matching? Love to hear what you have, I have had a quick look through the thread :)