*** The Official Astronomy & Universe Thread ***

Views of Ceres:

NASA's Dawn mission will arrive at Ceres on March 6, 2015, and will be the first spacecraft to explore a dwarf planet. Ceres is the largest body in the main asteroid belt. At the time of its discovery in 1801 it was considered a planet and later demoted.

Clearish day and clear evening.. so some solar later if it remains unclouded.. and tonight I will be targeting one of my favourites.. the bear paw galaxy.

It's small it's invisible to human eye.. and take a lot of time to get some decent images..
http://www.calvin.edu/academic/phys/observatory/images/Astr111.Spring2007/Smith.html

I will be trying out the new ATIK 414EX camera.. at 50%+ more sensitive but with slightly large pixels.. it should mean more data that I can use.

Since the vast Martian Ocean existed that long ago, it could every well be that we are indeed all Martians. What could have been our home planet but the loss of its Atmosphere probably resulted in failure, but constant meteor strikes throwing debris off the surface and into a you Earth's direction maybe kick started "life" here instead?

Hello Martian bros :cool:

Any good guides on how to take pictures with a dslr of the eclipse.
And what's the program you can use to show you where the sun, stars and everything else will be in the sky at a certain location and time. Wondering if it'll be low enough in the sky to get the suspension bridge in the foreground, as it's not a total eclipse will the sun be far to bright.

Useless with the camera so will need a decent guide.

Any good guides on how to take pictures with a dslr of the eclipse.
And what's the program you can use to show you where the sun, stars and everything else will be in the sky at a certain location and time. Wondering if it'll be low enough in the sky to get the suspension bridge in the foreground, as it's not a total eclipse will the sun be far to bright.

Useless with the camera so will need a decent guide.

I'd imagine the filter required to photograph the sun directly will reduce the exposure of any other object in the field of view to such an extent you simply won't see it.

Back
Top Bottom