*** The Official Astronomy & Universe Thread ***

Soldato
I know I asked earlier on in the thread about getting a telescope and the 200P was recommended which is great so I was going to save up for that and get the EQ5 mount for it. I'm interested in taking photos, looking at Nebula/Galaxys etc. If I upped my budget from say £500 to £1,000-£1,500 am I going to be getting something much better or would I still be better of getting the 200P with an EQ5 mount and attachments?

Looking at getting this in 6 months time but at least it gives me an idea.

Soldato
I know I asked earlier on in the thread about getting a telescope and the 200P was recommended which is great so I was going to save up for that and get the EQ5 mount for it. I'm interested in taking photos, looking at Nebula/Galaxys etc. If I upped my budget from say £500 to £1,000-£1,500 am I going to be getting something much better or would I still be better of getting the 200P with an EQ5 mount and attachments?

Looking at getting this in 6 months time but at least it gives me an idea.

If your just observing get the 200p and EQ5 or a Dobsonian. If you want to image your best bet is at that price range probably a NEQ6 and a 200pDS, the mount is the most important piece of equipment and will take up most of your budget.
£1500 you should have enough to get a coma corrector, camera adaptors, a laser collimator and other bits and bobs you will need.

You should register on Stargazers lounge and ask a lot of questions before you do anything.

Happy cloud gazing :/

Soldato
Bearing in mind of course that that could include a camera...

Indeed.

cHk4 I would get a good pair of binoculars, study the sky and in 6 months when you have saved up and if your still interested then go for it.

Its the most infuriating hobby I've had and the most rewarding. :D

Soldato
Here's a single frame from last night:

Downsized to 800x600:
moon_downsized.png

Crop of native resolution:
moon_cropped.png

Slightly out of focus because the camera was focused for stars not the moon!

Back
Top Bottom