*** The Official Astronomy & Universe Thread ***

Soldato
Now the laptop has 16GB of ram, I can do some more hardcore processing of existing data taken over a year ago:
m57_crop_deconv.png

I'm just currently processing this further to remove the noise/defects..

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
This might interest you:

http://www.meteorwatch.org/2012/08/07/uk-iss-passes-over-the-meteorwatch-period/

Might try for a shot of it tomorrow, but i did just finish a roll of film and my digital camera only goes up to 16 seconds. We'll see what we can do ;)

And by the way Samir, that M81 is fantastic. Great clarity on the galaxy and you've got the background just spot on. Keep it up :D

EDIT: That server seems to be taking a bit of a hit, thanks to twitter. Here's the cached page.

Was out last night for the Perseid meteor shower,seen a good few good ones,one was a really good fireball,till it clouded over at 2am.

Soldato
OP
Missed the first one (was developing a film), must grab my tripod and head out at around 11 :D

I would point out that you won't be able to see the ISS for the whole transit, it will be eclipsed slightly before it reaches the highest point.

Last edited:

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Nothing compared to some of the photos in here, but I stopped at my parents caravan in the sticks last night, as I can barely see many stars living in birmingham (damn light polution) so I managed to capture a couple of the ISS passing over head, the first one at about 10pm and the other at about 11.35pm.

ISS1.jpg

ISS3.jpg

It was a brilliant night, I even caught a glimpse of Envisat passing over, and I was amazed at how much more I could see of the universe by being just that few miles outside of Birmingham

Back
Top Bottom