*** The Official Astronomy & Universe Thread ***

Soldato
That sucks! :( At least in Winter it is dark far earlier and far longer though...

Have the new 12mm Celestron to try tonight, and the Baader MkIII Zoom that I've been lent! :D

Soldato
Just asked for a quote (finally) for a bespoke adaptor for attaching the Borg Helical focuser to the Pentax as the pentax is cursed with a single speed R&P.. so time for sime micron goodness :)

Soldato
been raining every single night here for the last 5 days, argh!!!

I have been thinking the other day, if our solar system travels at X speed in the universe, can we travel (using a spacecraft for example) in the opposite direction?

Soldato
been raining every single night here for the last 5 days, argh!!!

I have been thinking the other day, if our solar system travels at X speed in the universe, can we travel (using a spacecraft for example) in the opposite direction?

What do you mean by the 'opposite direction'? We can travel any direction, but the speed of our system through space is irrelevant as we cannot travel the distances to escape the solar system yet (even though the Voyager craft will leave at some point in the future)

Soldato
I mean that velocity is linear, solar system is moving from point A to B what if we were moving from point B to C, wouldnt that be travelling towards a point at twice the speed?? or is the speed at which the space is expanding non linear? i hope you understand what i mean

Back
Top Bottom