*** The Official Astronomy & Universe Thread ***

Soldato
The Night Sky 2 app said conditions light night were going to be Fair, tonight were supposed to be Good. Last night was very good, tonight is ****.

I did track something last night, but I forgot to check what it was :D

Soldato
do some travel slow ? I thought I saw one that took around 3 seconds to get across sky ?

saw one super fast - typical meteor quite bright though

and thought there was a super bright one I missed as I saw the reflection of it on my Neighbours Solar Panels ! nothiong else that bright or quick that could have flashed in it

Soldato
saw one very bright one (diffused tail the works) - around 15 mins ago

probably seen around 5 now - but prob only seeing one every 6 mins or so- so quite slow

Soldato
WOW! In the breaks between the could, the sky tonight has got to be the clearest I have ever seen it.

Andromeda was the clearest I have ever seen!

Saw around 15 meteors.

And to top it all off, I could even make out the faint glow of the Milky Way spanning across the sky.

Stunning :)

Associate
WOW! In the breaks between the could, the sky tonight has got to be the clearest I have ever seen it.

Andromeda was the clearest I have ever seen!

Saw around 15 meteors.

And to top it all off, I could even make out the faint glow of the Milky Way spanning across the sky.

Stunning :)

I also saw the faint glow of what looked like the "tail", almost like haze. I thought it was and when I checked stellarium, alas it was. I have never seen it before :)

Soldato
Lovely and clear here finally. Just spent the last 2 hours out on the lounger, beautiful show, some real crackers!

Also saw a few at a meet on Friday night, with a fireball!

Associate
Didn't get any perseids on camera although did see a few, did manage to get the ISS when it went over at 11pm along with the milkyway.

DSC02109-2_zps300f8721.jpg~original

Same here, best I've seen in years and even managed to photograph the milkyway all the way down to the horizon in the south which I've never managed that before. Still looks rubbish mind just being a bit of milkiness against a sea of orange thanks to the bleeping light pollution :(

Back
Top Bottom