*** The Official Astronomy & Universe Thread ***

You have to sign on and it will tell you. You should get a free go.

£3 or £10 a month 10 or 40 que, no charge per image, but doesn't say about imaging time. Signed up for £3, certainly seems cheaper than that other one I tried. I'll give it a go, nice they seem to have lots of free tools on the site as well.

£3 or £10 a month 10 or 40 que, no charge per image, but doesn't say about imaging time. Signed up for £3, certainly seems cheaper than that other one I tried. I'll give it a go, nice they seem to have lots of free tools on the site as well.

They give some guidelines on exposure times and it's up to you what you use.

First one came back.
M76 the little dumbell
Exposure Time 120000 ms
Filter Type BVR
Dark Frame Instant
Site Name Tenerife
Telescope Type Name Galaxy
Telescope Name Galaxy Camera
Completion Time 05:08 on Thursday 4 September 2014 (04:08:39 UTC)

M76.png

No trudging around and falling over in the dark. Remote, sofa astronomy for the 21st century win. :p:D

Hey we have discovered the use of red lights which makes it easier to see what we've fallen over :D

What's a good starter scope to go with? Not looking silly money bit would be interested to see what can be seen through the cheaper ones available.

A good starter scope is usually a 6" or 8" dobsonian, the 8" is more popular for people who are investing into the hobby but 6" might suit you if you just want a cheap whirl, second hand you will probably be looking ~£100

What settings do you use that dumbbell is so much better.

100000 ms
Filter Type BVR
Dark Frame Instant
Telescope Galaxy
Telescope Galaxy Camera

It has been through some processing in Photoshop. I will have a play with that as I think that I can extract more detail and get better colour.

Back
Top Bottom