*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
Anyone noticed lag spikes or bad hit detection? That would really put me off.

I feel like I may gravitate towards buying this because of the lack of alternatives. I mean what else is there, I can't stand the hackers on COD and the older bf games have lower pop.

Associate
Wow performance in this game is atrocious. At 4K ultra settings, my overclocked 3090 is dipping as low as 70 FPS which to me is unplayable. Would need a GPU twice as fast to properly run my 4K/144 Hz PG32 monitor. So I need like a RTX 5090 or 6090 GPU?

Man of Honour
Is the 'Join on friend' option not around in the app (or Origin) maybe? That was the only to join your mates in BF1 for me. The in game thingy was fubar.

Just checked and when you create a party you can set it open so that friends can join rather than needing to be invited, so I assume that there is some sort of Join Friend ability

They removed all chat too?!??

WHY???

Just checked on that quick login and I am able to talk in chat and see others chatting??

Soldato
Wow performance in this game is atrocious. At 4K ultra settings, my overclocked 3090 is dipping as low as 70 FPS which to me is unplayable. Would need a GPU twice as fast to properly run my 4K/144 Hz PG32 monitor. So I need like a RTX 5090 or 6090 GPU?

For me turning the settings right down isn't really making much of a difference, I'm still getting 50-60fps on low, (yes vsync is off, and my CPU isn't being hammered..) looking and reading around, it seems people are having the same problems.. DLSS does very little too.

Caporegime
For me turning the settings right down isn't really making much of a difference, I'm still getting 50-60fps on low, (yes vsync is off, and my CPU isn't being hammered..) looking and reading around, it seems people are having the same problems.. DLSS does very little too.

BF has always been a poorly optimised game being very CPU reliant. Normally you have to wait a couple of years to get a CPU to run it.

Caporegime
How is 70fps "unplayable"?!
I suppose if you play at 144hz then half that frame rate could feel very jarring, though I'd hardly call it unplayable. Still on a 60hz panel here, tried a 100hz ultra wide a couple of years back but didn't really notice anything significant enough to warrant the change

Associate
Well the biggest annoyance is my overclocked 3090 can play BFV on Ultra at 130-140 FPS. There is nothing about Ultra BF2042 to warrant HALF the performance. Doesn't look any better then BFV really.

And turning all the graphics to low I only get like 120 FPS. STILL not maxing out my 4K 144 Hz monitor. IMO 120 Hz is the bare minimum FPS to be competitive in the slightest.

Man of Honour
Can you see what players from the enemy team are saying though? I know you see see team and squad chat but not "all" chat.

Ahhh I see what you mean, sorry I thought you meant all chat (as in no chat) rather than All chat. Yeah no, theres no All chat anymore by the looks of it. Though thats not really a big deal for me, I dont know why I would want to chat to the enemy anyway so no big loss. I barely get time to talk in chat to my squad or team let alone to the enemy too :D

Man of Honour
Is thier no server browser? I seem to keep getting the snow and desert map always...

What mode are you in? theres a server browser if you click on the community experience bar at the bottom and you can then see a server browser but depends upon which mode you are playing. TBH the main menu layout really isnt very good, its not very user friendly and is awkward to find stuff

Soldato
revive button doesnt work STILL AND reported in the beta

rebind request hold to skip revival - (numpad 7) now it doesnt work...

took out heli with stock AA laucher yes SMOGSY is back. was my skill rockets vs crazy choppers :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom