*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
Been playing since 830am, went down an hour ago for a break now can't get on, oh well

2042 and Portal are great, 2042 a nice new experience to grind away at, Portal just lovely playing all the old stuff again in the latest engine, loving it all so far. Hazard zone is a bit meh, they need to make a reason to play it - such as unlocking cosmetic's.

Performance its pritty bad, 3840*1600 on a 3090 maxed out I struggle to keep above 60fps, feels worse than the beta though some maps are worse than others, Orbital could have been an easier map to run.

Using DLSS?

Caporegime
My point was, yours is overclocked, it doesn't matter some stock rigs work and some clocked ones do, yours is overclocked and the game might not like it.

Anyway, mines stock and I can't join a friend's game
Frostbite has always been merciless with even the slightest unstable OC.

Associate
So wish i waited on this lol i havent had the trouble some of you are getting but the poor performance, having to try multiple times to connect and a couple of server bugs that have started to happen are doing my head right in.

If it was optimized better and not as many bugs i would be enjoying it lol sometimes my sprint dont work, other players in the distance are ice skating while being frozen in one position, just started to get the cant connect issue and also random error messages

Out of all of it the performance gets on my nerves the most, think im going to tell my bro not to buy this as he only has a 980ti and i dont think he will be able to play this very well at all.

Soldato
your CPU is your bottleneck then max out high & bit more see if it goes up

Nah, I'm getting the same issue, getting 50-60fps at 4k, or 1440 regardless of settings, ultra to low - DLSS on or off, it's pretty much the same performance. My CPU is a threadripper, it's using 10 cores and not getting past 60% usage on any single core.

Caporegime
So wish i waited on this lol i havent had the trouble some of you are getting but the poor performance, having to try multiple times to connect and a couple of server bugs that have started to happen are doing my head right in.

If it was optimized better and not as many bugs i would be enjoying it lol sometimes my sprint dont work, other players in the distance are ice skating while being frozen in one position, just started to get the cant connect issue and also random error messages

Out of all of it the performance gets on my nerves the most, think im going to tell my bro not to buy this as he only has a 980ti and i dont think he will be able to play this very well at all.
It feels like owners of high end rigs aren't seeing the performance uplift they expect but lower spec machines are running it quite well.

Soldato
Nah, I'm getting the same issue, getting 50-60fps at 4k, or 1440 regardless of settings, ultra to low - DLSS on or off, it's pretty much the same performance. My CPU is a threadripper, it's using 10 cores and not getting past 60% usage on any single core.
Used to have threadripper it will be the CCX latency

Moved to TR to 5900x & bumped over 50% in perf

but all ultra at 4K im getting 100FPS on qaulity DLSS would like 120 but not going to moan

Soldato
My friend with the 5900x has the exact same problem, have you seen Reddit ? literally everyone is having the same performance problems.
odd no issues here.
its been rock solid 100FPS in 4 matches ive played.

im on windows 11 latest drivers 5900x/32GB/3090
games running on NVME drive

my GUess and this always happen on EVERY bf release the people moaning are Overclocked or dont have stable rigs, take off the OC & its stable or you got conflicting easy cheat version or A/V running interfering

easycheat bugs out with lot of A/Vs running default W11 no A/V

Soldato
I haven't seen or heard of anybody with a 3090 getting anything more than a consistent 60-65fps at 4k,

What doesn't make any sense, is that none of the settings make any difference, turning DLSS to quality gives me a higher fps lol. 4k, 1440, all give the same performance ultra or low.

At 4k the load (fill rate) is so heavily shifted towards the GPU that the CPU won't make much of a difference anyway, CPU performance only really comes into play at 1440 and below.

Soldato
I haven't seen or heard of anybody with a 3090 getting anything more than a consistent 60-65fps at 4k,

What doesn't make any sense, is that none of the settings make any difference, turning DLSS to quality gives me a higher fps lol. 4k, 1440, all give the same performance ultra or low.

At 4k the load (fill rate) is so heavily shifted towards the GPU that the CPU won't make much of a difference anyway, CPU performance only really comes into play at 1440 and below.
indeed 4K not much on the CPU however its 128 players and im seeing good 30-40% on my CPU thats a quite a few cores wonder if its Frequency & ram thats really helping too (3600mhz/CL15)

Back
Top Bottom