*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
Think I'm done with this now, installed Bf4 again, while there's potential in the 2042, it just feels so unfinished and lacking any real content.
Concurrent to that, while I get great fps in game, the stuttering especially when joining the first game is so annoying, then there's the bugs, I dunno, I just expected more.

The game got discounted a few weeks ago then made free for a weekend to entice players. Says it all doesn't it? When did you see triple A games of this caliber start getting heavily discounted under a month from release? It's a month today from its launch.

Cyberpunk didn't start getting discounted until, 6 months to a year? Or is that hating? I'm looking at Cyberpunk right now and it's still the same price a year ago. £49.99.

Agree. Its also one of the biggest marketing mistakes I’ve seen in the franchise. Fix it. Then do a free weekend. I very much doubt people who didn’t want to pay for the game are going to change their mind now they have seen how buggy it is. This would have been far more beneficial in 6 months time when (hopefully) most obvious bugs are gone.

Associate
So it seems season 1 has been put back to March and in the meantime they are going to continue with the weekly challenge skins. 3 months with no new content !

Soldato
Lol the game was released in a terrible state. If this was made by anyone other than EA people would be laughing at it amazed that anyone could **** up more than EA.

The fact that you state it needs more content after only a few months but miss the irony in your statement is hilarious

There is a good BF game under all the bugs (some of the core needs tweaking also) but EA aren’t great at admitting they messed up and have form in BFV in abandoning projects.

Portal could still be amazing but how much work will they put into it? The lack of maps and control (and it was broke the last time we tried it) isn’t what Portal was meant to be. If they released a roadmap of upcoming maps and future additions to Portal it would add a huge amount of confidence to the player base.

you can have fun playing the game (I have) but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a load of issues.

Really not that hilarious I'm level 78, I've played more than most

Caporegime

This is true even with Battlefield 2042 LOL

I usually gravitate to tanks in battlefield games, in this...bleh. They just don't have any feel to them, they lack a punch and the feel that you're in control of something that can do major damage, splash damage seems damn near non existent vs infantry as well. Tank vs tank combat, bfv done it so much better and that's saying something.

Associate
Came here to see if you guys recommend 2042 after it’s been reduced on Steam. I think I’ve had my question answered after reading the last few pages.

It’s a shame how this franchise has been gutted. I’ve played since BF1942 and loved most of the games until the recent years. I thought BF1 was fantastic and arguably the most atmospheric in the series. They had the winning formula, how can they screw it up so bad?

Soldato
Unfortunately no free weekend is gonna save this game from its inevitable sinking ship. It'll be under 10k players after xmas and continue to fall, such a mess and it really shows.

Soldato
I bought this for £23 the other day but haven't bothered playing it much, Just felt a bit underwhelming even playing the initial start up conquest. Considering returning it to be honest but feel I should give it a bit more time?

Soldato
Came here to see if you guys recommend 2042 after it’s been reduced on Steam. I think I’ve had my question answered after reading the last few pages.

It’s a shame how this franchise has been gutted. I’ve played since BF1942 and loved most of the games until the recent years. I thought BF1 was fantastic and arguably the most atmospheric in the series. They had the winning formula, how can they screw it up so bad?
I love bf games, been playing them since bf 2 and this is the first time I'd say no. I've preordained them in the past buy this is the last time. I'm so disappointed in the way its turned out. I'm still waiting on them sorting oerformance as low or ultra makes no difference to my fps and its so jittery.

Back
Top Bottom