*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
I love bf games, been playing them since bf 2 and this is the first time I'd say no. I've preordained them in the past buy this is the last time. I'm so disappointed in the way its turned out. I'm still waiting on them sorting oerformance as low or ultra makes no difference to my fps and its so jittery.

I've had to put it all in low, lower the yes and put image scaling on.

Beta run much, much better.

Soldato
It's mostly CPU..

I upgraded to a 12900k and just by changing the CPU and Motherboard I got an extra 40-50fps with a 3090..

I've never played an FPS/Shooter that uses this much CPU.
I've got a 3700x though which is hardly sluggish. When I read some post about turning off the smt (I think its called that, but the equivalent of hyper threading) I figured it had been poorly written, also someone was saying it only uses 8 cores which might be the issue.

Soldato
So I've been really struggling in this game.

I'm not very good at these games, but enjoy them none the less. In the days on Bad company, Bf3,BF4 Id always get more kills than deaths...

Last night I decided either my reactions were even worse (age creeping in) or something else was up. I disabled cross play and bang, 4 rounds where I was doing much much better.

Things I noticed in those 4 rounds:
  • when getting hit I could more likely get to cover and not die
  • when getting killed the shooter was less likely using iron sights, even at a fair range. That was one thing that really got me suspicious.
Do console players have a massive advantage with a bigger hit box, auto aim than PC?

It felt so different when just playing against PC players..

Last edited:
Soldato
So I've been really struggling in this game.

I'm not very good at these games, but enjoy them none the less. In the days on Bad company, Bf3,BF4 Id always get more kills than deaths...

Last night I decided either my reactions were even worse (age creeping in) or something else was up. I disabled cross play and bang, 4 rounds where I was doing much much better.

Things I noticed in those 4 rounds:
  • when getting hit I could more likely get to cover and not die
  • when getting killed the shooter was less likely using iron sights, even at a fair range. That was one thing that really got me suspicious.
Do console players have a massive advantage with a bigger hit box, auto aim than PC?

It felt so different when just playing against PC players..

There is no way a console gamer on a controller can be as accurate as a mouse. So when a console gamer gets close enough with the aim, it snaps to target. Helps make up the loss of accuracy for console controllers. I'd NEVER play crossplay. I wonder if Esports have or ever will go to crossplay competitions? Cross play always feels way laggier and hit reg goes out of the window. I started FPS gaming on dial up and ping was very important then. Seems less so now with people joining european servers with 200+ ping and say the game is rubbish becuase they cant hit anything, but they are in Asia. They then say ping makes no difference anyway- which is why I guess they put it on scoreboards. Server with everyone with pings under 60 is a joy and almost LAN feeling.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is no way a console gamer on a controller can be as accurate as a mouse. So when a console gamer gets close enough with the aim, it snaps to target. Helps make up the loss of accuracy for console controllers. I'd NEVER play crossplay. I wonder if Esports have or ever will go to crossplay competitions? Cross play always feels way laggier and hit reg goes out of the window. I started FPS gaming on dial up and ping was very important then. Seems less so now with people joining european servers with 200+ ping and say the game is rubbish becuase they cant hit anything, but they are in Asia. They then say ping makes no difference anyway- which is why I guess they put it on scoreboards. Server with everyone with pings under 60 is a joy and almost LAN feeling.
Thanks for that. I'm glad I realized that something was up and you've confirmed. They should disable cross play on PC by default and say only turn it on if you want to play with your friends that that have poor taste in gaming platforms, and here is the issues you'll see. I played some today..night and day difference...and that is coming from someone that isnt very good!

Back
Top Bottom