*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
He's a real barrel of fun.
I'm sorry I don't jump at the opportunity to throw money at a game before I even see gameplay.

Not sure what that has to do with being "fun".

@GottiB not even sure why you thought that was a relevant comment to make. What has the price got to do with the people you play games with?

Soldato
Ridiculous price for half a game and people going out of their way to throw money at it with pre orders. What's even in the ultimate addition? A special teabag pose? A glitter pack? Nice pair of shoes?

Do you mean half a game due to the lack of single player? If so was BF2 half a game also? Personally not having single player is the best decision they have made in years providing they have used the resources saved to make the multiplayer better

Associate
Do you mean half a game due to the lack of single player? If so was BF2 half a game also? Personally not having single player is the best decision they have made in years providing they have used the resources saved to make the multiplayer better
No you could play on your own against bots but I suppose that's similar to the multiplayer experience in bf1 and bfv :D.

It's a high buy in price for what will turn into a subscription service with drip fed content. If the multiplayer sucks, gets no support has no balance etc etc you are left with a dud. At least with some form of campaign you might feel like you got some "value" out of the game.

I'd still buy a multiplayer only game just not full price and certainly wouldn't touch the gold ultimate at those prices when it's not even clear yet what maps etc will be added and included.

Man of Honour
I know folk seem to hate BFV but personally I've spent more time playing that online over the last couple of years than anything else; this will be a Day 1 purchase for me; although for the first time in a long time COD probably will be too if the rumoured move to WW2 is confirmed!

Its almost like they take turns isnt it, BF goes WW2, CoD handles modern, BF goes modern, CoD goes WW2 :D

Associate
I am trying to work out if EA Play pro subscribers are getting this as part of their subscription from Day one.

The way i am reading the below I believe we will

ea-play-pro-logo-coral-embed-code.svg

Get more from the games you love with an EA Play** Pro membership.

Join EA Play Pro today and plunge into the near-future, all-out war of Battlefield 2042 first. Fight in military battles of unprecedented scale days before release, with all the Ultimate Edition extras. Get unlimited access to all our latest titles as soon as they drop, rewards like points packs, exclusive player content, and a library of deluxe edition games.

• Full access to the Battlefield 2042 Ultimate Edition starting October 15, 2021
  • Early access to the Open Beta †
  • Exclusive member-only rewards every month
  • Get 10% off purchases of EA digital content

Underboss
If you use 2 years for your fake calculation then it's half the price per week.... bargain.

I'll wait until it is released, not a complete mess and reasonably priced before buying. maybe that will be year 2.

Someone **** on your cereal this morning?

Shock as people spend the money they earn how they like.

Associate
Someone **** on your cereal this morning?

Shock as people spend the money they earn how they like.
shock as a person decides not to spend money on a pre-order? The quote above was my response to someones attempt to justify the pricing to me.
I don't care if anyone preorders, I'm just saying I won't as it's too much given how little we currently know about the game.
sorry if I triggered some rage in a few dedicated bf veterans. I'll go pre-order now and we can all be friends

also you are the third person to go on the attack for my comments about the game and price and you say someone **** in my cereal.:cry:

Associate

never played a minute of single player in any battlefield game

agree its a complete waste of resources which can be focused on the multiplayer

Associate
shock as a person decides not to spend money on a pre-order? The quote above was my response to someones attempt to justify the pricing to me.
I don't care if anyone preorders, I'm just saying I won't as it's too much given how little we currently know about the game.
sorry if I triggered some rage in a few dedicated bf veterans. I'll go pre-order now and we can all be friends

also you are the third person to go on the attack for my comments about the game and price and you say someone **** in my cereal.:cry:

with digital downloads it matter not if you pre order now or a few days before release

already seen it discounted today from full price

Associate
I thought beta was the same for all but on gold you got earl access to general release
early access to "open" beta was definitely a thing in previous BF launches. Still, not worth preordering. You can trust them to have an open beta and I recommend everyone should wait for that and try it out before buying

Associate
Its expensive for a game for sure.
However it can give you a couple of years or more daily fun and enjoyment.
Beats a lot of things for entertainment
I likely spent more on path of exile packs than battlefield games.
and besides, I saved money not buying bf1 and BFV so :)

Back
Top Bottom