*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Haven't seen that leap out of the plane, and jump back in it shenanigans since Battlefield 2. Although I don't recall blasting my opponent with an RPG in mid-air back then. The reveal trailer really did seem to have a much greater understanding of its target audience than BFV did. For which I am very greatful.

Caporegime
Wonder if they're gonna be implementing dlss and rtx again, in bfv it was a shoehorned in afterthought that never got any updating. Graphically from the clips on twitter it looks like an enhanced bf4.

Underboss
Would be great if this is on Gamepass Ultimate but can't see EA doing that myself.

Unless they somehow find a way to try and monetize the **** out of that side of it too lol

Associate
I think they need a big release on game pass, im bored already but i do have a short attention span

I dont get why theyve gone semi future, i mean dog boys come on, didnt they learn from that stupid futuristic cod game

Associate
Wonder if they're gonna be implementing dlss and rtx again, in bfv it was a shoehorned in afterthought that never got any updating. Graphically from the clips on twitter it looks like an enhanced bf4.

to honest DX12 felt shoehorned in as well it never really worked right

Soldato
Would be great if this is on Gamepass Ultimate but can't see EA doing that myself.

Unless they somehow find a way to try and monetize the **** out of that side of it too lol

It may not be on gamepass but it is confirmed to be on EA play ultimate - so if you pay EA $15/month then you can play it

Soldato
The gun customization in BF1 and BFV was crap.

Next to useless. I hardly ever bothered to use it.

The BF1 system of weapon types was put in place to solve an issue in BF3 & 4 that many players didn't fully understand what the upgrades did and would often choose ones that worked against each other. They would pick a barrel attachment that improved ADS accuracy at the expense of hip fire accuracy and then attach a grip that improved hip fire accuracy at the expense of ADS accuracy. That why in BF1 you had pre-set weapon attachments that emphasised one style of play over the default configuration. The problem was that DICE then chose to call them odd names, such as Optical and Trench, without telling people what that did to how the weapon handled or why they did it.

Although don't get me started on the vehicle customisation in BF5

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think they need a big release on game pass, im bored already but i do have a short attention span

I dont get why theyve gone semi future, i mean dog boys come on, didnt they learn from that stupid futuristic cod game
Historic battles have been done to death again and they’ve also done ‘now’ with BF2 and some years in the future with 3 & 4 being set around 2030. If they’re trying to pull some sort of linked universe thing it’s really their next option. And it’s also not too far into the future to be unrecognisable and basically Sci-Fi stuff and has a lot of basis in stuff either being used or developed now.

Associate
Historic battles have been done to death again and they’ve also done ‘now’ with BF2 and some years in the future with 3 & 4 being set around 2030. If they’re trying to pull some sort of linked universe thing it’s really their next option. And it’s also not too far into the future to be unrecognisable and basically Sci-Fi stuff and has a lot of basis in stuff either being used or developed now.

I get that i just worry they are going in cod direction, silly robot dogs, hell we will prob be able to wall walk. Hope not

Associate
I
I get that I just worry they are going in COD direction, silly robot dogs, hell we will prob be able to wall walk. Hope not
Used to work from EA, it is my perception that outside of the loot box craze they started with Fifa Ultimate Team, they are almost always following trends their percieved as popular (ALA Battlefield 5 trailer having fortnight vibes) rather than setting trends. As it's too risky to try something new. As such they will likely copy as many things from COD as they can.

Caporegime
I
Used to work from EA, it is my perception that outside of the loot box craze they started with Fifa Ultimate Team, they are almost always following trends their percieved as popular (ALA Battlefield 5 trailer having fortnight vibes) rather than setting trends. As it's too risky to try something new. As such they will likely copy as many things from COD as they can.
Have heard similar, it’s all surveys and feedback based, no original decisions or directions allowed.

Associate
Initially I was disappointed that there was no campaign, but still looking forward to this release, the last time I enjoyed BF was with 3/4, I was never able to get into 1/V they never quite felt right

Back
Top Bottom