*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
Think i might pass on this Battlefield, Which is a shame.

From what I've seen from those breaking NDA and posting vids up, They 100% have bots in the game to fill the massive player amount which i had a feeling they were going to do, I don't want to play against the odd bots i want real players every time!, Also seeing people slide about like its call of duty..wow.
Also TTK (Time to kill) at distance seems very off and way too long, even though the player is receiving hitmaker's every time.

I know its "early" gameplay so subject to change but overall I'm not really impressed with what I'm seeing atm.

Caporegime
Think i might pass on this Battlefield, Which is a shame.

From what I've seen from those breaking NDA and posting vids up, They 100% have bots in the game to fill the massive player amount which i had a feeling they were going to do, I don't want to play against the odd bots i want real players every time!, Also seeing people slide about like its call of duty..wow.
Also TTK (Time to kill) at distance seems very off and way too long, even though the player is receiving hitmaker's every time.

I know its "early" gameplay so subject to change but overall I'm not really impressed with what I'm seeing atm.

The sliding is nothing new, BF5 is a slide fest it's pretty funny to see actually.

Soldato
I remember when people used to attack me for saying precisely this :s

I've owned every BF game except hardline - and for me BFBC2 and BF3 were easily the best. BF1 looked great but I want to play on lots of different maps not the same one rehashed a dozen times with as many meh game modes. Conquest/Rush/Team Deathmatch/Done as far as i'm concerned. DICE always want to reinvent the wheel with new features (levelution/behemoths etc) that end up just becoming annoying (I quite like dynamic weather though).

And then there's the cheating, the complete lack of any team balancing and the skins (which cost a fortune - and which they've obviously spent all their development time on), lack of 3rd party servers (which extend the life and playability of the game).

And then there's the IN YOUR FACE WOKENESS. I think all 99.9% of people wanted was a game that reflected the big battles of the war - and their favs from 1942 - and the people who fought them, but instead DICE refused to do any of that. It was their way or the highway.

Caporegime
I've owned every BF game except hardline - and for me BFBC2 and BF3 were easily the best. BF1 looked great but I want to play on lots of different maps not the same one rehashed a dozen times with as many meh game modes. Conquest/Rush/Team Deathmatch/Done as far as i'm concerned. DICE always want to reinvent the wheel with new features (levelution/behemoths etc) that end up just becoming annoying (I quite like dynamic weather though).

And then there's the cheating, the complete lack of any team balancing and the skins (which cost a fortune - and which they've obviously spent all their development time on), lack of 3rd party servers (which extend the life and playability of the game).

And then there's the IN YOUR FACE WOKENESS. I think all 99.9% of people wanted was a game that reflected the big battles of the war - and their favs from 1942 - and the people who fought them, but instead DICE refused to do any of that. It was their way or the highway.

Who remembers this classic? https://www.gamerevolution.com/news...5-controversy-if-you-dont-like-it-dont-buy-it

Followed quickly by https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/14/17688052/electronic-arts-patrick-soderlund-leaves

:p

Soldato
Is this a moving date by any change or do you mean November 19th 2022?

I think it's shocking whatever company can keep moving release dates when many people have prepaid.

They should either get hit with fines as per other industries if dates are not met or not take prepay money from people

Man of Honour
Is this a moving date by any change or do you mean November 19th 2022?

I think it's shocking whatever company can keep moving release dates when many people have prepaid.

They should either get hit with fines as per other industries if dates are not met or not take prepay money from people

Cant say it particularly bothers me, I pre-ordered Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, its release date slipped, I waited and then played it when it released and its now looking likely to be my game of the year 2021. Release dates moving just dont bother me, I'll play it when I get to play it.

Soldato
DICE/EA both know that if this releases in a broken state or/and doesn't deliver, it will be the final nail in the coffin for the battlefield franchise (hence why they have got all hands on this now, which in it's own way could be a recipe for a disaster, too many cooks.....) so they would be silly to not delay it.

Personally can't say I'm that bothered at all, not as interested in fps mp these days so in no rush at all.

Absolutely this, it's finished. It'll be 100 different things none of which will be done properly.

Associate
I know Dice/EA would never have missed an opportunity to make a buck, but I kind of wish BF2042 was just next gen and not available on Xbox one and PS4. Developers always end up spread too thin trying to make so many versions of a game.

Caporegime
The sliding is nothing new, BF5 is a slide fest it's pretty funny to see actually.

Annoying as well, the slide really seeems to screw with hit detection, sometimes it seems to speed the player up thats doing it. One guy i seen doing it up stairs and it was like his speed doubled and he seemed to take almost no damage whilst somehow being perfectly accurate. Leave it to dice to implement retarded little mechanics like this.

Caporegime
Annoying as well, the slide really seeems to screw with hit detection, sometimes it seems to speed the player upo thats doing it. One guy i seen doing it up stairs and it was like his speed doubled and he seemed to take almost no damage whilst somehow being perfectly accurate. Leave it to dice to implement retarded little mechanics like this.

Indeed, plus hit reg is abysmal to begin with.

Caporegime
Indeed, plus hit reg is abysmal to begin with.

To be expected though, i mean this is the company that makes a map thats obviously for infantry only (fjell), then some moron muses, "wouldn't it be fun if we had planes carpet bombing clusters of players over and over racking up insane amounts of kills in this infantry only map?", then they all jump on board with the idea. Whoever gave that the thumbs up needs his nads inserted into a paper guillotine.

Caporegime
Fjell is without a doubt the worst map in BF5, the problem is there are considerably more bad maps than good. Devastation is probably the best but with the soldier skins blending into the scenery the camping is rank. Rotterdam is another that is OK, I can't think of many more.

All, literally all of the Pacific maps are absolutely dire, especially Iwo Jima.

Caporegime
Fjell is without a doubt the worst map in BF5, the problem is there are considerably more bad maps than good. I can't think of one off the top of my head that is a decently designed map, Devastation is probably the best but with the solider skins blending into the scenery the camping is rank.

All, literally all of the Pacific maps are absolutely dire, especially Iwo Jima.

Ironically they had a lot of good maps in 1942 they could have remade for this, but they decideed on this "lesser known battles" crap which resulted in dull, forgettable maps. Good call dice, good call.

Soldato
Ironically they had a lot of good maps in 1942 they could have remade for this, but they decided on this "lesser known battles" crap which resulted in dull, forgettable maps. Good call dice, good call.

Thing is, if the better known battles had been in there, everyone would have been on board with the lesser known ones too. Agree on bombing in Fjell as well. My mates would refuse to play the map, and because of a load of other things just stopped playing the game

Back
Top Bottom