*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
I bought BF V a couple of weeks back after not playing a BF game since BF4.

played it a few days then got sick of the amount of cheaters... never buying another BF game again

make private clan servers great again

Associate
I bought BF V a couple of weeks back after not playing a BF game since BF4.

played it a few days then got sick of the amount of cheaters... never buying another BF game again

make private clan servers great again

Have you tried community servers? I don’t touch the DICE servers anymore as they’re riddled with cheaters, but the community ones tend to be much better.

VB6

VB6

Associate
Desperately poor title, moves too far away from classic Battlefield and doesn't even implement the new features well at all. All we needed was a BF3 or BF4 clone with updated maps, updated engine, updated graphics with a proper anti cheat system and it would have been superb. I can see what they tried to do with the new class system but it hasn't worked for me.

Just looking at the new proposals for the map changes due in Season 1 and they are more of the same - moving the flag points closer together and adding in more cover on the maps - in the form of containers (Yes, more of them - FFS!). Too little too late.

Have owned and played all the BF titles. My favourite was BF2 (including the Spec forces add on) - maps were just so balanced and game play for the time was spot on.

Soldato
Havent played the game much since launch, usually do to technically issues.

First play today in a while and glad to see the game didnt crash on me.

So looks like progress has been made there at least.

But the AI bot thing was a terrible idea. What where they thinking making a multipe player game that needs AI bot!

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Going to take a guess that by the end of the year this will be an ultra polished super optimised online mass brawl for the ages.

Soldato
I played BF2 for a good 6 years and bf3/4 sucked in comparison. Must have been the dumbing down, thanks to consoles.
Think you may be in a minority then as BF3 is considered the game changer as far as I'm concerned... 3 and 4 were the best of the lot tbh.

As for this piece of cack... wow BF2042 could NOT have been worse tbh... I think the graphics on 50% of the maps looks like something from 2010... really does, maxed out just looks appalling... the maps are all over the shop:

Hourglass - Worst graphics of all the maps, terrible disjointed gameplay...
Manifest - Seriously Dull and 2nd place in the crap graphics contest...
Kaleidoscope - Literally played once... so wouldn't comment on this one...
Orbital - The Most BF feeling map and certainly the best looking, this played epic in the BETA then the feeling went weird in full game...
Breakaway - Just dull...
Renewal - Worst map of the lot...

NONE of the above other than Orbital even feel like BF game maps... it's so hard to explain if no one had told me this was BF, I'd have thought it was some cheap rip off.

Caporegime
Thing that makes me laugh about Kaleidoscope (aside from it being a joke of a map) is that when you go inside the building in the middle, the graphics on the inside look worse than a community CS:GO map from 8 years ago.

The maps on the whole are pathetic, zero detail in them and they're just incredibly sparse. Not to mention insanely clean during this supposed global crisis. It's like they let an ai creator program randomly generate the maps and this was the best they could do.

Soldato
Yep, well me and a make played for 1 hour last night... absolutely bored off our heads... then headed over to Conquest BF4 and had a riot for 3 hours lol... it's about time this was uniinstalled, probably the biggest gaming flop EVER. It is just crap. I think it's just too broken still the annimation on the planes and choppers is embaressing...

Caporegime
Yep, well me and a make played for 1 hour last night... absolutely bored off our heads... then headed over to Conquest BF4 and had a riot for 3 hours lol... it's about time this was uniinstalled, probably the biggest gaming flop EVER. It is just crap. I think it's just too broken still the annimation on the planes and choppers is embaressing...

Seen a post on reddit showing an image that the game had something like 950 players online yesterday at some point. Dice as usual are in silent mode and even their twitter page for the game is barely touched these days. They're meant to be working on fixes for the game but at this point I think it's like trying to give a kiss of life to a fish finger.

By far the worst supposed "battlefield" game ever released. But that's what happens when the parent company uses a studio to churn out the same game over and over, devs get burned out and **** off elsewhere, and before you know it you're left with a team of devs that are inexperienced at best and are biting off far more than they can chew. 18 months or thereabouts to even get the game functioning in the engine then a massive cluster **** of just about every dev ea could lay their hands on to slap something together that vaguely resembled a battlefield game.

Embarrassment. Imo the series should be shelved until they can get together a competent development team for another iteration of the game. But as we all know the bulk of people that worked on this have moved on to development of the next game leaving a skeleton crew to throw superglue at this turd in the vain hope it fixes something.

And the sooner frostbite is dumped the better, nothing but an aging piece of **** packed wall to wall full of legacy bugs they're either unwilling to fix or don't have a clue how to fix.

Associate
I played it for 2 weeks months ago and gave up the game was utter trash, its the only game I feel outraged at I didn;t get a refund from, tbh the whole thing should be scrapped and refunds handed out.

Back
Top Bottom