Poll: ***The Official Battlefield 3 Thread***

Xbox 360 BF3 server preference

• Total voters
Soldato
Helicopters are completely out of this game for me...why did they muck that up SO badly is beyond me, BC2 control where perfect for Console.

Jets as well might as well not be in teh game, I can control this really well, but by the time om off the runway theirs a warning..then a lock..then blown out of the air..so what exactly is the point?

Last edited:
Soldato
If they don't sort these issues in the next 9 days they could well have done a very good job of killing their own game (and any revenue from the barrage of download pack I'm sure they have in the bag) stone dead.

Exactly, EA is counting on the extra revenue from DLC, so while they may have made sales, it's no good if they loose that extra revenue because people can't play, especially given that their rival title is out very shortly.

Further to that, there were people who were put off by the beta, with word getting out of these issues, that's not going to change their minds. I've got a couple of friends who were sitting on the fence with whether to buy and they've not budged with that in mind.

Caporegime
In fairness I think a game of this scale is going to have problems during the first few days/weeks. It's all about how EA/DICE deal with these problems now, fix the servers and the squad system would be a good start and then we'll see where they go from there. The (old) new maps can't come quickly enough for me though there does seem to be enough variety in the current ones. :)

I'll still be picking up Call of Duty but I can see myself playing this just as much if they manage to iron out the majority of my gripes.

Soldato
Shame not many people on PS3 use voice comms, Used to love that on BF2 on PC. pretty much everyone used it. Made working in a squad so much better.

Also I have just got the 'javelin' rpg. Whats its purpose? tanks? planes etc?

Soldato
I'm pretty sure you can't!

I don't know why people are complaining about this game. Apart from the odd glitch that is likely to be fixed very soon there isn't anything wrong with the game. Single player is very good as is multiplayer.

Associate
You can use the Javlin against air and land.

Land based locking fire and forget.

Land and Air vertical attack via SOFLAM lock on (recon unlock)

Soldato
You can use the Javlin against air and land.

Land based locking fire and forget.

Land and Air vertical attack via SOFLAM lock on (recon unlock)

you cant lock onto air targets unless they are lazed by others. all SOFLAM does is negate the direct attack and turns it into a top down missle strike negating some armour (the whole idea about the jav in the first place) it's ok...but i enjoy the stinger more.

and not sure if a jav in real life can take out aircraft (at least not the shoulder mounted one we see in games,i know some variants that do have surface to air abilitys) if it can i have never seen it do so only in games...and well all know that games are far off when it comes to realistic-ness when it comes to guns/weapons...

GAME: .50 headshot...guy still moves.

REAL LIFE: good luck with that.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Noobs will go away come 8th November.

:D

And besides, its a lot harder to snipe in this compared to previous titles.

it is? hmm i find it really easy at least compared to call of duty if you can call that sniping...its more of a mixing in a bowl action when you aim down scope. would love to see the reaction on real snipers faces at that.

I see the shotguns still rape. :D

first realistic range of shotguns in a game sine doom :p

Soldato
Javelins aren't anti-air missiles, that is the Stinger. pretty sure a Javelin would have almost no chance of hitting anything that was a fast mover, perhaps a Helicopter. Problem for me with this game is the guns are total rubbish, like said above shooting someone with a .50 you don't freaking get up and shrug it off, it decapitates you, blows out your chest, takes of an arm or leg. Plus the AI is terrible as well, it never has any ambition, never attempts to attack really, just stands there badly hiding behind crap waiting to be shot. Also the final, final nail in the coffin is the fact that you throw a grenade over some cover (no possible way you can be seen!) and the enemy AI immediately put perfect accurate fire on your location, sorry but that is pure gash. Also the final, final, final nail in the coffin is the fact it looks average, looks nothing even close to like the pre-release stuff which is either clearly pre-rendered or running on a high specification gaming PC with tons of anti-aliasing. My personal verdict after playing it at my mates today is that it is seriously seriously over-rated. 6/10 ;)

Back
Top Bottom