*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
But there is a spotting mechanic, the scout class has a spyglass which highlights all enemy seen through it, they also have a perk that enemies shot are highlighted also, spotting also has decent rewards for how easy it is

Fighter planes can also drop flares to spot enemy and the light tanks have a perk you can spec into that works like the spyglass when you're aiming

I know that. I meant Q key spamming

Soldato
Any-one else finding they get better performance on DX12, naturally I started off with DX11 thinking this was the way forward as it was last time round. I found I was getting a few stutters probably about 3/4 per round the rest of the time I was locked at 99fps on my monitor. Changed to DX12 stutters gone, feels smoother as well.

Soldato
Can't even get the game to launch, get a BSOD instantly before the menu loads. The beta was fine.

I've tried putting my OC back to stock, reinstalled various graphics drivers. Tried repairing the game.

Any ideas? Ryzen 1700x with a Vega 64 :(

Caporegime
Can't even get the game to launch, get a BSOD instantly before the menu loads. The beta was fine.

I've tried putting my OC back to stock, reinstalled various graphics drivers. Tried repairing the game.

Any ideas? Ryzen 1700x with a Vega 64 :(

Vega at stock clocks? Game seems sensitive to dodgy overclocks.

Associate
25 hours in and kinda bored of it now.
Conquest is just Ring-a-ring o' roses, but never did like it as a game mode.

Grand Operations are a step back from BF1.

Frontlines is my jam, but they need to pull it out of infantry focus mode and give it it's own playlist.
But as the frontlines servers on BF1 were always empty I understand why they put it in a rotation with other modes.

If you have a squad of mates to play with your going to have a great time, but going in alone it's 80/20 your going to have a bad day.

Associate
What is the actual release date for the standard version? Origin is stating tomorrow but CD keys and Amazon say 20th. I'm off tomorrow so wouldn't mind getting a few hours in after once I've bought it.

Soldato
25 hours in and kinda bored of it now.
Conquest is just Ring-a-ring o' roses, but never did like it as a game mode.

Grand Operations are a step back from BF1.

Frontlines is my jam, but they need to pull it out of infantry focus mode and give it it's own playlist.
But as the frontlines servers on BF1 were always empty I understand why they put it in a rotation with other modes.

If you have a squad of mates to play with your going to have a great time, but going in alone it's 80/20 your going to have a bad day.

Probably one of the best descriptions of my time with it...Ring a ring o roses......That sums it up very well.

Associate
I actually really like defending flags and getting into a Custer's last stand scenario now and again. The endless roses ringing does get boring quickly.

Associate
If there's any free invites about, I'd love one too please? Thanks in advance!

Invite: Reapswtf (origin id I presume?) - nevermind - purchased 1 month of origin access

Last edited:
Caporegime
I ******* hate Twisted Steel.

Not the greatest map, tons of camping spots for infantry in the foliage. To be honest currently there's not many good maps at all, that Hamada map is a total turd. Just masses of open space and barely any vehicles worth using. Aerodrome is a pretty decent map though, Arras isn't bad but again has tons of foliage for infantry to hide in (generally sniper vassili zaitsev pvt jackson morons that go 1-35).

Funny the amount of abuse you get for turning an upgraded Wirbelwind with explosive shells onto infantry, they don't like it. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom