*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Caporegime
Wouldn't be opposed to seeing the MMG's get actual optics of some kind, seeing anything past about medium range with the red dot or iron sight gets pretty hard. Lewis Gun has optics so why not the 34 and 42? On maps like rotterdam people can easily headglitch you even if you're focused on the area they're in.

Caporegime
Since they toned it back I've yet to play a round of conquest where I've thought we've lost a game because of it TBH.

It's not as intrusive as it was when it was initially in the game for sure. The amount of insane comebacks in the first few weeks of the game was utterly stupid. You could be 200 tickets ahead and win or lose by a tiny margin. Then people realised what was up and it got nerfed down to a more manageable setting.

Caporegime
Shouldn't be in the game at all...... If a team is **** then they deserved to get trashed.

If DICE/EA must insist on having something in to help the casuals out then please bring back behemoths and elites, at least you can counter them

Soldato
What is crutch mechanic?

If one team is getting absolutely smashed, they speed up flag caps for that team to help them pull it back. It's there to reduce rage quitting and to make games more exciting.

I seem to be the only proponent of it here, because I actually think that a) if I have a crap team, at least I don't have to endure a guaranteed stomp, and b) if my team is clearly better, I at least know it isn't going to be a boring cake walk of spawn rape. It's like people forget that you don't choose your entire team, and sometimes you draw the short straw. At least this way your squad can make a difference, instead of just watching half your team quit out and the server dies.

I still see some 400+ ticket margins so if you really like to swing your dick around and rape a team that's been pushed back to their spawn, you still can.

Caporegime
How are SMGs with the patch buff (bar the Thompson which seemed to get nerfed)

Away with work for a couple of days so keen to hear any feedback, anyone who's used the 1907 since the nerf/spec change would be good as well please :)

Caporegime
If one team is getting absolutely smashed, they speed up flag caps for that team to help them pull it back. It's there to reduce rage quitting and to make games more exciting.

I seem to be the only proponent of it here, because I actually think that a) if I have a crap team, at least I don't have to endure a guaranteed stomp, and b) if my team is clearly better, I at least know it isn't going to be a boring cake walk of spawn rape. It's like people forget that you don't choose your entire team, and sometimes you draw the short straw. At least this way your squad can make a difference, instead of just watching half your team quit out and the server dies.

I still see some 400+ ticket margins so if you really like to swing your dick around and rape a team that's been pushed back to their spawn, you still can.

Massive team losses have been a bad part of bf for years and they've tried to tackle it twice now, in bf1 with behemoths and in this with the catch up mechanic. I had a screenshot a while back showing servers in bf3 with massive team advantages and it made up for a ton of the games being played. It is something that needs to be addressed in some way, but seemingly some people would just prefer boring steam roller victories than actually having a decent game.

Soldato
I don't understand the thing with the new guns in this game. Are they only available through the tides of war screen? I.e you have to complete the challenges.

Because that to me is :mad:

I don't have enough time to grind these guns in the time allotted to complete the challenges.

Exactly. They just want people to buy them with CC. They weren’t too much iirc ~ 3000 so just 10 nights of daily orders. Pop on play one game do them all etc. Or just buy CC. Makes me miss premium (though) not in the way bf1 did it. Just give me 4 new maps every 3 months...some new guns. That’s it. (Bf3 and 4 basically)

Soldato
Dunno why but performance for me is crap. DX11 or DX12 issues.

DX12 I get big frame freezes every now and then although it feels smoother.

DX11 doesn't have big freezes but I get micro stutter and definitely doesn't feel as smooth as DX12.

Either way the issues detracts from the fun of the game.

Don't really enjoy the game either.

Capping the frames to 120 (down from 144) seems to make it a little more tolerable but that could just be placebo.

I wonder if it's just that the 1080 inst up to the job at 1440p.

Caporegime
Find this a bit odd, i've seen someone on panzer storm use the new allied tank destroyer (archer) yet it's not listed in my company as an alternative vehicle, nor is the stug for some reason.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom