*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Associate
Wasn't impressed with the beta personally but I'm willing to give it another chance once some of the bugs have been squashed etc.

Just didn't really feel like a BF game to me; the maps are horribly over-cluttered visually, movement feels too fast, TTK is too low, the weapon "upgrades" felt like more of a chore and just unnecessary - I could go on but I think I've said most of this already in the thread.

We'll see if they decide to do another beta pre-launch, I think it would be in their best interests personally - if the game is launched in anything close to the state of the beta, I'll be worried.

Soldato
Hmm. Played the beta and thought I was playing BF1.

Not for me, this will be the first one I won't pre order.

Me and a few mates spoke about this in our podcast, see my signature. It will contain a few swearies

Associate
Wow! Just shows what different perspectives people have, apart from the maps being a tad familiar layout I don't think 5 and 1 could play more differently. 1 feels clunky, slow and cartoony with the aiming and TTK. :D

V F

V F

Soldato
Hmm. Played the beta and thought I was playing BF1.

Not for me, this will be the first one I won't pre order.

Me and a few mates spoke about this in our podcast, see my signature. It will contain a few swearies

What is it with the old World War 1/2 style that people likes in those type of games? I used to like it in Wolfenstein Enemy Territory back in its day. I cannot seem to take to it presently.

I prefer the present/modern/futuristic soldier/weaponry and vehicles.

Also, what has kicked off the fascination of those old times? I'll check out your podcast later this evening.

Associate
What is it with the old World War 1/2 style that people likes in those type of games? I used to like it in Wolfenstein Enemy Territory back in its day. I cannot seem to take to it presently.

I prefer the present/modern/futuristic soldier/weaponry and vehicles.

Also, what has kicked off the fascination of those old times? I'll check out your podcast later this evening.

I think it was the style of weapons that were good, along with lack of technology trees, etc. However, BF5 appears to be set in WW2 but with every full auto weapon available and a therefore negates the point of being in WW2.

Soldato
Dont get me wrong. The WW2 era im very interested in and in particular for fps type games. For some reason thought BF1 didnt grab me and BFV doesnt grab me either. They feel souless and rather generic, its really hard to explain how i feel when i play it. Possibly empty is the word or just "meh".

Ive recently revisited Rising Storm 2 vietnam. I hated the release, it was awful, riddled with issues and serverly lacking in maps. Now over a year later i love it, it scratches that fps itch ive needed for some time. It gives me that feeling of being in a battle, the atmospehere, the smoke and the god awful napalm. Sure some of the maps are awful and dont capture any imagination in my opinion, but some of the maps are very very good indeed.

What we need is the Frostbite engine to become available to the masses or the modders or whatever. Let a group of school children design and build a game which is far superior to any of this utterly souless **** from ea.

I'll check out your podcast later this evening.

I appreciate it matey thank you. Go easy, its only our 4th ever one (The BFV one)

Soldato
Wow! Just shows what different perspectives people have, apart from the maps being a tad familiar layout I don't think 5 and 1 could play more differently. 1 feels clunky, slow and cartoony with the aiming and TTK. :D

+1 Not to mention the cashier noise you get when you kill someone which drives me nuts.

Overall have very much enjoyed the beta for BFV so far. Much more than I did for bf1. Weapons are very well balanced out of the few available. Nice accurate sounds, accurate bullet speed + drop, impact etc and looks.

Map design is good and well balanced. As are the classes.

Really enjoyed being in a squad pushing forward and taking down enemies.

There are quite a few bugs. But it is a beta after all so should be fixed for release.

Associate
Dont get me wrong. The WW2 era im very interested in and in particular for fps type games. For some reason thought BF1 didnt grab me and BFV doesnt grab me either. They feel souless and rather generic, its really hard to explain how i feel when i play it. Possibly empty is the word or just "meh".

Ive recently revisited Rising Storm 2 vietnam. I hated the release, it was awful, riddled with issues and serverly lacking in maps. Now over a year later i love it, it scratches that fps itch ive needed for some time. It gives me that feeling of being in a battle, the atmospehere, the smoke and the god awful napalm. Sure some of the maps are awful and dont capture any imagination in my opinion, but some of the maps are very very good indeed.)

Rising storm 2 Vietnam absolutely BLOWS both bf1 and v away! it actually takes skill to be good in that game and has much better team work, that and insurgency are my fave 2 shooters on pc

Caporegime
Problem is though syks. RS2 Vietnam is too hard for the fannies that like to pew pew

Well pew pew means shooting, so presumably that's the main way of taking enemies out in just about any shooter. :confused:

or is that a reference to mack and his worth a buy vids which lately seem totally pointless?

Soldato
Its a reference to how Batlefield makes me feel. The idea of "pew pew" in something like RS2 Vietnam or Squad cannot be related imo.

BFV is so far away from the brilliance of the earlier titles.

Soldato
Well pew pew means shooting, so presumably that's the main way of taking enemies out in just about any shooter. :confused:

or is that a reference to mack and his worth a buy vids which lately seem totally pointless?

"Worth a moan", more like. :)

When did moaning hard about computer games become a thing? It seems to have really taken off.:(

Meanwhile, I'm downloading BF1 again - they're giving the Season Premium Pass away, until the 14th I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
When did moaning hard about computer games become a thing?

Around the same time that companies like EA thought they could dumb everything down, force real world politics into games and palm the paying public off with utter *****. And then on top of that hide content behind paywalls and loot crates.

Caporegime
Just out of a game of BF1, its funny how the mechanics of the game just flow so much better compared to bf5. Support just chucks out ammo people in the vicinity get supplied, medic chucks out medpack people in the vicinity get healed. No having to go up to it and pressing e to get resupplied or healed. No having to scrounge around for ammo 30 seconds after spawning either, and *gasp* enemies are easier to see (even when they're not spotted) and don't randomly mush into the background

Even the bipod works so much better, go prone and that's you in bipod mode. Do the same thing in bf5 and you go prone, then it starts to deploy a bipod that seemed to have a mind of its own and would twitch in and out of being deployed and undeployed. Seen a ton of complaints of deaths due to it being so slow to deploy, yet another thing they changed that was fine as it was.

Be interesting to see whats in beta 2 if it becomes a reality. Dice really need d to clue into the "if its not broke don't fix it mantra", some things don't need changed for the sake of change.

Caporegime
Around the same time that companies like EA thought they could dumb everything down, force real world politics into games and palm the paying public off with utter *****. And then on top of that hide content behind paywalls and loot crates.

He even complained heavily about the 2016 doom, some of the vids i seen him do on that he was playing on the really early levels where you have a lot of those weak zombies roaming around and that seemed to colour his opinion of the game. A lot of his complaints seem to basically be that not everything is quake 2 or quake 3. He said he was a competitive quake player in one of his vids, and seems to go off on tangents about that kind of thing. He was on the moan about that new quake game just from the trailer, basically because it wasn't quake 3 all over again and new things were brought into the game.

His vids occasionally can be good but a lot of the time he's just retreading old ground we've heard time and time again. He's right on a lot of things like dlc, lootboxes pay to win etc, but that gets lost in the mix about him randomly complaining about anything he possibly can.

Soldato
I quite enjoyed BFV beta, I like that you have to think and the world isn't just covered in medpacks and ammo crates, the revive mechanic means you have to think before you do it, not just run around with infinite ammo and health with your finger on the tripper in "pew pew" mode.

I'm getting old so highspeed twitch run and gun stuff gets tedious now, I prefer a FPS that needs a little thought, cooperation and tactics.

Back
Top Bottom