*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Caporegime
He only had DeGale for one fight so he's not lost anything.

DeGale on the other hand has just lost a massive slice of any future Smith/Eubank/Groves fight.

Depends, he's a deposed champ. he wont fall too far down the rankings and the organisations look at the commercial aspect too. If the right moneys involved it's amazing the dodgy decisions they can make.

Don
Depends, he's a deposed champ. he wont fall too far down the rankings and the organisations look at the commercial aspect too. If the right moneys involved it's amazing the dodgy decisions they can make.

Any possible fight with one of those 3 would have been a voluntary fight rather than something forced on them by any organisation. Theoretically that fight still can be made but DeGale's bargaining position has been severely weakened as a result of losing his title and imo weakened to the point that I can't see him taking the fight.

A rematch with Groves has never happened because first Groves wanted a huge majority of the split (which DeGale wouldn't agree to) and then when DeGale won his world title and Groves lost to Jack, DeGale wanted a huge majority (which Groves wouldn't agree to). If Groves wins the Super Series he'll be demanding 70% again and the fight won't happen. Given how deluded the Eubanks are you can be sure that they'll demand something stupid too if he were to win. DeGale's best bet would be Smith winning the Super Series - his relatively low profile might mean DeGale could still demand a fairly even split.

Associate
Disgusting from Rigo. Was getting schooled and didn't have the heart to go to the end.

Lomachenko totally different class. Looked like he could have gone up a few more gears too.

Soldato
Always a danger of a fight turning out that way with a slick boxer. Rigondeaux couldn't do anything with lomachenko and then his heart went. I thought Rigondeaux would have had more even at 130lbs.

Soldato
Must say i like the look of Daniel Dubois. He looks like he is made of the same stuff as some of the big american heavyweights that we had in the 90's. Powerful enough to bulldoze through a half arsed defense, with quick enough combinations that you risk your life trying to go counter the guy.

Still pretty young too. I will be looking forward to seeing him develop.

Don
Fury's back! He accepted UKAD's charge and has been given a 2 year backdated ban. Looks very much like a compromise was reached that suited everybody - Fury is now free to fight and UKAD don't have to worry about losing the case and Fury bankrupting them when he sued them.

Caporegime
Fury's back! He accepted UKAD's charge and has been given a 2 year backdated ban. Looks very much like a compromise was reached that suited everybody - Fury is now free to fight and UKAD don't have to worry about losing the case and Fury bankrupting them when he sued them.
He’s back is he? I’m yet to be convinced. He won’t be back imo until he’s standing in front of an opponent across the ring. Still a long way to go till then, and imo, he’s gonna do something stupid and **** it all up again.

Associate

Makes Ukad look an absolute joke. Looking forward to them continuing trying to take the moral high ground with Russian Athletics.

Soldato

Pathetic outcome

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42329394

What's the point in having doping controls if all that happens is someone makes up a story and then accepts a middle ground and can fight again whenever they want. Dreadful and totally open to abuse by anyone. Dreadful.

Caporegime
What a joke of a decision in all honesty, a well known drug abuser gets off relatively scott free. Should have been banned for life simple as that.

I don’t think he will ever get back into the ring, he loves the white stuff a bit too much so will find a way to screw it up for himself.

Don
What a joke of a decision in all honesty, a well known drug abuser gets off relatively scott free. Should have been banned for life simple as that.

I don’t think he will ever get back into the ring, he loves the white stuff a bit too much so will find a way to screw it up for himself.

A lot of assumptions in there Yas. He admitted to one incident when he claimed he was depressed - it's probably best not to make claims like you have on here please. As I've seen other people mention over the last few months, countless other fighters had been charged, served their bans and been back in the ring in half the time it's taken for Fury to be found guilty. I'm not sure how anybody can say he's got off lightly.

Don
No, technically he's not back but that was the only major obstacle in his way. If not from the British Boxing board, he'll get a license from somewhere without any issues.

Back
Top Bottom