*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Don
ITV are taking the **** with tournament, putting everything on PPV. The only fight, so far, that's been anything like a PPV fight was Eubank-Groves but even that was at a push. Assuming Smith makes it to the final, would a Groves-Smith fight really be worthy of PPV?

I saw an interview with Eddie Hearn in which he said that ITV are supposedly refunding anybody that asks for a refund from last weekend due to their technical issues during the undercard.

Suspended
ITV are taking the **** with tournament, putting everything on PPV. The only fight, so far, that's been anything like a PPV fight was Eubank-Groves but even that was at a push. Assuming Smith makes it to the final, would a Groves-Smith fight really be worthy of PPV?

I saw an interview with Eddie Hearn in which he said that ITV are supposedly refunding anybody that asks for a refund from last weekend due to their technical issues during the undercard.

Given it a go, just emailed them. I told a little white lie as I saw the whole thing perfectly, but I still feel aggrieved that I paid £17 while thousands of others got it for free. It should be refunded on that basis alone, let alone any viewing problems.

Don
Really underwhelmed by Smith in his last few fights and today is no different. He's winning the fight comfortably but he's really struggled to land many clean shots and has barely hurt his opponent.

The only entertaining thing is the ref. You couldn't find anybody more American than this guy.

Soldato
Brook is back out this weekend isn't he? Hoping he does better at 154, I got a lot of time for Brook even if he did hold the belt hostage for a while. Can't question the guys balls to step up to 160lb for GGG then back down to 147lb for Spence.

Soldato
You certainly can’t question his guts taking that’s GGG fight but I think history will show that was the fight which finished him at the top level, whether it was a wise fight to take or not who knows, sure it was a good payday but probably shortened his career with the eye socket damage.

Him and Khan will have a tune up fight each then get it on in the summer and Brook will pack up then I think.

Don
Even with hindsight I don't think Brook could have not taken the GGG fight. Ever since he won his world title he was being promised big money fights which never materialised and with the Khan fight a no go the GGG fight was his only chance of a massive payday. He was actually helped by the way the fight came about too. Had he simply been lined up to face GGG it probably wouldn't have been as big as it was thanks to Eubank's bs - Eubank (thanks to his dad) was a bigger name and he hyped the fight up prior to bottling it and Brook cashed in. He probably earned more from that fight than the rest of his fights combined and it didn't/doesn't effect another possible big pay day with Khan.

Soldato
Really hope Brook gets the W tonight.

Also expecting Wilder to get the W over Ortiz tonight. Not sure what has happened recently but I'm starting to believe in Wilder a lot more recently. Starting to think he'd be favourite vs Joshua.

Soldato
Really hope Brook gets the W tonight.

Also expecting Wilder to get the W over Ortiz tonight. Not sure what has happened recently but I'm starting to believe in Wilder a lot more recently. Starting to think he'd be favourite vs Joshua.

Wilder would/will get schooled based on his last few fights. He leaves himself wide open. Think the Brook fight will be straight forward for him, I hope.

Soldato
Wilder would/will get schooled based on his last few fights. He leaves himself wide open. Think the Brook fight will be straight forward for him, I hope.
Yeah he often swings really wild(er) then leaves himself completely open. But it's just those bombs for hands that he has. He could be 107-119 down and I still wouldn't write him off. I know I'll be putting a cheeky bet on Wilder to do the business

Don
For all the hype around Ortiz 18-24 months ago, he looked pretty average against Malik Scott and Dave Allen. In those fights he looked old, slow and ponderous and I can see Wilder just steam rolling right through him.

Caporegime
Agree with all of that. Was really looking forward to watch him after all the hype but the Scott fight was an appalling display. Scott didn't help matters by running a marathon at the same time as the fight was meant to be on but Ortiz showed minimal footwork or ring craft to close him down.

The only unknown with Ortiz and Wilder is how they take a punch and Wilder will likely leave himself far more open than Ortiz will.

Reckon this'll end up a comfortable points victory for Wilder unfortunately.

Soldato
For all the hype around Ortiz 18-24 months ago, he looked pretty average against Malik Scott and Dave Allen. In those fights he looked old, slow and ponderous and I can see Wilder just steam rolling right through him.

Might not have been clear but I was referring to Wilder fighting AJ as I responding to the previous post:)

I agree with you with Ortiz looks bang average and Wilder should win easily.

Back
Top Bottom