1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by currantloaf, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Steedie

Man of Honour

LOL that fight, Mayweather was literally laughing for half of that round. $9m for 140 seconds work, not bad. Certainly not boxing though

2. meh?

Hitman

3. Pigeon_Killer

Caporegime

Heard Hearn talking on the radio about this fight and he sounded absolutely gutted. No doubt the loss of revenue from an all British showdown is the main thing from his POV but he said if it doesn't happen now it'll never happen. Doesn't give Khan a hope of beating Crawford either :o

4. Pighardia

Capodecina

I groaned at first but thinking about it, yeah I'd watch Degale vs Eubank. Should be good.

5. lemonkettaz

Capodecina

Rumours of Wlad v Whyte....to cover AJs Wembley April appearance.

6. Pighardia

Capodecina

I've been looking round for how to watch Broner vs Pacquiao as I think it's gonna be epic, and apparently it is on ITV4. Awesome!

I think It's a really interesting fight. We'll see what Pacman has left, and if Broner can finally step up... This has to be his last chance.

7. omnomnom

Mobster

That national anthem before the Pac Vs Broner fight was just awful.

8. Quinnaay

Soldato

Christ, Broner is getting lit up. Pacman hand speed is just too much.

9. e36Adz

Capodecina

Broner simply not doing enough, as always. He's absolutely deluded if he thinks he won that fight. I'd give him 2 rounds at most.

10. viathinair

Wise Guy

Broner was, is and always will be a joke. He was only ever "good" when he had a significant weight advantage at lightweight (possibly due to illegal diuretics but I don't have any proof) and has never been any good at welterweight which he's at now. Him being touted as "the next Mayweather" was beyond a joke, as it was only based on him being an obnoxious black dude who (very poorly) used the shoulder roll (an aspect of the Philly Shell, which Mayweather used correctly, unlike Broner). Honestly, it's only a decent win for Pac, nothing more - Maidana's win over Broner was much better in every way. Pac should retire - he's the 2nd best of this boxing era after Floyd, and that's nothing to be ashamed of because despite my personal dislike of Floyd I think he's a bit better than Pac overall and waaaay better than that joker Broner.

11. The_One

Sgarrista

the badou jack cut tho!! :eek:

12. Cob

Capodecina

Anybody elses Sky Q stop recording at the 9th round :mad:

13. robfosters

Caporegime

Great fight on sky sports atm.

14. Vish Petrol

Hitman

Boner always takes too many rounds off

15. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

So what do we think about the possibility of AJ fighting Miller in Madison Square Garden? On the fence with this, he should win pretty easily.

16. robfosters

Caporegime

He’ll KO him easily. Miller hasn’t got the movement to trouble or avoid AJ. I just hate it that he’s fighting in America. He’s a 4 belt champ from Britain. People should be coming to here to challenge him. Once again, it’s all about money with Eddie. Stuff the fans who pay the money and now have to stay up till 4 in the morning to watch it. He couldn’t give a toss about them.

17. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

It won't be 4am its on the East coast not the West. :)

18. robfosters

Caporegime

We’re 6 hours ahead of NY in June due to BST. It won’t kick off there until at least 9pm, so that’s a 3am start over here. Unless they do something radical and have it afternoon/early evening so the main event kicks off around 12-1am over here.

19. Smit

Soldato

Not fussed one way or another about the Miller fight. Miller's level is pretty much unknown at this stage due to the level of his opponents so far.

Out of the opponents available then it is potentially the best of the bunch (assuming Wilder v Fury rematch is going ahead).

20. viathinair

Wise Guy

Miller is awful. Any type of win does nothing for AJ's resume.