*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Caporegime
Not too sure what fight the 114-112 judge was watching, there were two 10-8 rounds :/

Eubank won that by some margin from where I was sitting.

Moment of the fight: WWE style spear.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Disappointing fight, not entirely because it was an awful fight but also because I dislike them both equally and was hoping for a double KO :p

Permabanned
Probably the best I’ve seen Eubank fight fully deserved the win.

He’s had a lot of stick but to be fair to him he only lost very narrowly to Billy Joe and comfortably to a pretty good George Groves. Hoping he can take his trainers advice and improve from here.

Permabanned
Tyson wants a tune up fight to build his profile, Deontay isn't happy with a tune up because every fight is a struggle when you have no technical ability. But he can always end a fight with a clean hit.

The rematch should happen immediately. A tune up is nonsense - the interest for the rematch is at its peak now and will only drop the longer it's put off. The reason it isn't happening is because Fury recently signed with ESPN+ and they want him to fight a lower tier opponent or two for his debut with them, and he's happy to do that since he's signed a contract guaranteeing something like $80m. Wilder is ready for the rematch now; Fury is not.

Associate
The rematch should happen immediately. A tune up is nonsense - the interest for the rematch is at its peak now and will only drop the longer it's put off. The reason it isn't happening is because Fury recently signed with ESPN+ and they want him to fight a lower tier opponent or two for his debut with them. Wilder is ready for the rematch right now; Fury is not.

I can't see Tyson losing, but they must see it as a risk, so they probably want to make the most of a multifight deal.

Permabanned
I can't see Tyson losing, but they must see it as a risk, so they probably want to make the most of a multifight deal.

I edited my post up there, and I just realised it may have come across as a bit hostile which wasn't my intent. For the record, I think Fury would win more convincingly against Wilder in the rematch, though I wouldn't bet against a Wilder KO.

As a boxing fan for about 18 years, I'm unfortunately not surprised at all that the rematch isn't happening anytime soon. Wouldn't be surprised if it never happens. I'm also very skeptical of Fury-Joshua ever happening since Joshua has never called out Fury post-Fury/Wilder whereas he has called out Wilder, and Eddie Hearn has said in interviews that Fury would be a "very boring fight" for Joshua. And I doubt Joshua-Wilder will ever happen since both sides have been full of **** in negotiations.

Permabanned
I want Deontay to take on Dillian, but Wilder will probably fight Brezeale now.

I'm of the opinion Whyte is a bit overrated, as I think he's been flattered by his latest wins over a past-it Chisora, a nothing-special Parker whom he struggled with, and a fat, old, unmotivated Brown. Whilst I'd still prefer Whyte, Wilder-Breazeale is at least a better fight than Joshua-Miller as Miller is garbage.

Back
Top Bottom