*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
It's happening! It looks like Crawford vs Spence is on course for October! That is going to be bonkers.

Anyone waking up for Kambosos vs Haney in the monring? I kind of want to watch it live seeing as it's an undisputed fight but I don't know if I can be bothered. I just know it'll be fight of the year if I miss it.

Soldato
Fantastic punch. Absolutely fantastic. Ogawa was no joke either. Thoroughly Delighted for Joe. He was one of the better fighters to come out of Rio so it's good to see him being a world champion at last. Had a few delays getting there but top work getting that belt!

He is in a division of killers though. I'd go after Gutteriez and leave Shakur the hell alone and hope he choses to go up rather than unify.

Soldato
Hard fight for Joe now, hope he can win though.

As for Haney V Kambosos, I honestly dont know. Both are very very good i feel.

I'd say that Haney looks more impressive on the eye-test but his power just seems to be lacking. Obviously you don't necessarily need power to make it at the top level (Just look at 'Money Mayweather' vs 'Pretty Boy Floyd') but it certainly helps keep your opponents off of you and gain your respect. Haney is only 23 so time for him to get his 'grown man' strength but it's certainly a worry for him. He's even aware of it and you could see him being a bit conscious about when talking to Linares after their bout.

Ultimately I think he is more skilled than George but I don't think he has the power to get George's respect and I can see George being on his chest all night. He needs to make it a complete 10-2 shut out for him to get the nod in Australia and I don't see it happening.

Soldato
Haney is winning this easily but my god he is boring. His jab is beautiful and it seems he can throw and land it at will, which makes him a problem for anyone but he'll never be a PPV star

Soldato
Don't forget, tomorrow is Inoue vs Donaire at about 1230pm. The last fight was incredible so I'm expecting an explosive but technical fight tomorrow afternoon.

It's a shame ESPN/Top Rank haven't done a better deal of promoting Inoue. He's a phenomenal talent.

Soldato
Inoue is no joke, he has to be one of the best punchers in the sport Absolute demolition on a genuine brilliant fighter in Donaire.

I do wonder how far he can go. If his power goes up the weight classes with him, it's going to be quite long for some of the other fighters in his division.

Caporegime
I forgot he was fighting tonight. Easy nights work for him?

DDD is fighting tonight too but I'm about to go to bed so will watch that in the morning.
Easy night yeah. Just felt him out the first, started throwing a few in the second and then just threw a sickening body shot and that was it. The bloke got up but his trainer actually ran in to stop it. Good thing too as he was just gonna take a massive one to the head.

Soldato
I love a good body shot stoppage.

Give him a few more fights and a nice domestic but also world level fight would be him vs Okolie. Both are big at the weight.

Assuming Lawrence doesn't get Bredis or Mukabu next

Back
Top Bottom