*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

I don't want to see AJ rematch Dubois, he went in as the challenger and lost - he rolled the dice and got totally wrecked, if he was in possession of several belts and it was a close contest, then yeah - a rematch would make more sense.

I'd like to see Dubois fight Joe Parker or Zhang, and I'd like to see AJ fight maybe Wilder - or the loser of Fury/Usyk.

Why is everyone assuming a rematch would be identical? Smith vs Eubank only very recently gave us 2 completely different results. I think it's fair to say AJ is a much better boxer than what he displayed so it's not out of the question the rematch would be different and who knows how Dubois will come out now he's the favourite.

Last edited:
AJ looked like he was making mistakes I've never seen him make before so I think part of it was over confidence that he could just do Dubois in easily. Only reason I can think he turned up so late to the arena. Looks like he was there 50 minutes before the fight. Even if he did his warm up elsewhere sitting in the car probably made that worthless. Then if you think about getting changed and your hands wrapped along with the time it takes to get from the changing room to the ring? Something just seems a bit off. There is also the stories about Dubois being in Brazil but I don't really want to entertain that train of thought

Either way, it was a conclusive victory for DDD. It could've been stopped even earlier.

Why is everyone assuming a rematch would be identical? Smith vs Eubank only very recently gave us 2 completely different results. I think it's fair to say AJ is a much better boxer than what he displayed so it's not out of the question the rematch would be different and who knows how Dubois will come out now he's the favourite.
I think there's a key difference between Smith/Eubank and Joshua/Dubois. Although most people predicted a Eubank win first time around, even the ones that thought Smith had a chance never believed he'd win by stoppage. Smith wasn't a big puncher and Eubank had shown he can take a punch so when Smith KO's him you could justifiably put it down as a bit of a freak result. AJ getting flattened was a very real possibility though and while most predicted an AJ win, nobody could be too shocked by the loss and the manner of it. This was always going to be a shootout and the question was which chin would stand up best and whether Dubois would freeze and or give up like he had before. Dubois certainly didn't freeze and the victory is only going to give him more confidence in a rematch and also leave Joshua even more scared of getting hit, something that's been a problem of his since being beat by Ruiz.

That said, Joshua is always going to have a chance. He's a big enough puncher that even on the back foot he can hurt Dubois, heck he very nearly lucked out in the 5th when he caught him before being stopped himself. On the balance of probabilities it's hard to look past another Dubois win. Even if AJ fights like he did in Ruiz 2, ultra cautious, trying to win on points, Dubois isn't Ruiz - you'd fancy Dubois to walk him down at some point in the fight.

So no surprise eddie hearn full of ****

Now been confirmed there is NO rematch clause for joshua

Good he doesnt deserve another shot showed nothing

I heard Hearn being interviewed this morning. He said AJ probably wants the rematch but he wants him to wait until Usyk-Fury and A) If Fury wins, fight Fury and B) if Fury loses fight Fury. So basically wait for Fury.

I reckon they do have a rematch clause and Hearn is pretending they don't because he wants to duck the rematch and face Fury, which generates a ton more money

I’m the biggest hater going re Hearn but I don’t believe he’s ever said there was a rematch clause. Surprisingly Warren said there was but Hearn said Joshua has 1 more fight contracted with the Saudi’s and that a rematch could be the fight they choose for AJ. He even stated that the Saudis would then have to agree a deal with Dubois in that case.

I strongly suspect if the Saudis want the fight then Dubois will end up agreeing to it.

I suspect his comments were a bit off the cuff there because he done a long interview with Sky yesterday where he talks about the rematch and was crystal clear that Joshua is contracted to fight under the Saudis once more and a rematch vs Dubois was a possibility for that fight subject to a deal being agreed with him.

He’s that regardless but I don’t think there was any backtracking in this case. He was interviewed after the fight by another YouTube outlet and stated that the contract was with the Saudis and he’d want that fight to be vs Dubois. In the video you linked I think he’s just misspoke - tbf his head must have been spinning at that moment, thinking about how much money Joshua has just cost him.

Back
Top Bottom