*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Had a lot to do with Daniel being incredibly strong and hard hitting, he beat Usyk in my opinion but the Ref wrongly called it a low blow. It wasnt, it was a legal shot.

Looked like AJ tried to fight fire with fire instead of trying to adapt depending who he is fighting looks like he lost discipline Daniel isn't exactly what you call high boxing iq , just looked like he was aggressive and could take a hit as well while AJ couldn't

Usyk boxing iq and stamina is in another league compared to the rest

If Usyk beats fury which I hope he does he should retire nothing left to prove

Last edited:
That's the end of AJ. Tbf the last few fight of dubious he's improved every time. He gained a lot of respect from me when he fought Usyk, I thought he did incredibly well in that fight!

Has AJ just had his time and he was over hyped by media picking and choosing fights, or is Dubious the real deal never able to gain any limelight because of the sparkle media put on AJ. Dubious is still relatively young.

Last edited:
AJ is done imo - there was a time when he had that fear factor amongst other opponents, now it is he who has that fear. Once everyone knew that Joshua was fragile and somewhat found out by Ruiz, then the floodgates opened up. Still though, I expected him to take care
of Dubois, because as much as DDD has some real power, he doesn't really have a great iq at all, yet AJ last night looked so different, almost as if he was either far too complacent, or was unusally anxious of defeat - whatever, I didn't think that was AJ in there at all, and if there is to be
a rematch, then I still think AJ, even with his limited boxing IQ can beat Dubois, if he actually turns up in the right frame of mind, or indeed it could also be a repeat of last night. My personal opinion would be to just walk away and retire with some integrity left.

AJ is done imo - there was a time when he had that fear factor amongst other opponents, now it is he who has that fear. Once everyone knew that Joshua was fragile and somewhat found out by Ruiz, then the floodgates opened up. Still though, I expected him to take care
of Dubois, because as much as DDD has some real power, he doesn't really have a great iq at all, yet AJ last night looked so different, almost as if he was either far too complacent, or was unusally anxious of defeat - whatever, I didn't think that was AJ in there at all, and if there is to be
a rematch, then I still think AJ, even with his limited boxing IQ can beat Dubois, if he actually turns up in the right frame of mind, or indeed it could also be a repeat of last night. My personal opinion would be to just walk away and retire with some integrity left.
I'm not sure he ever had a fear factor over opponents in the same sense that say the likes of Tyson, Wilder had. If anything he looked complacent and once he had taken the power it was difficult for him to recover. His defence was nowhere and as with his two Usyk fight, he really struggled to land cleanly unlike DDD who had better timing and accuracy. Fair play to Daniel - I didn't think he had a great chance but he stepped up and now looks a credible world champion.

As for Joshua, I also hope he calls it quits. He's been good for the sport but there comes a time where you have to put your health first. He'll think he can win a rematch but I suspect that's only because he knows its the only route to a crack at Fury.

Congrats to Daniel, he proved the majority wrong and in some style. One thing is for sure, he has the chin to rival anyone in this division.

I'm not sure he ever had a fear factor over opponents in the same sense that say the likes of Tyson, Wilder had. If anything he looked complacent and once he had taken the power it was difficult for him to recover. His defence was nowhere and as with his two Usyk fight, he really struggled to land cleanly unlike DDD who had better timing and accuracy. Fair play to Daniel - I didn't think he had a great chance but he stepped up and now looks a credible world champion.

As for Joshua, I also hope he calls it quits. He's been good for the sport but there comes a time where you have to put your health first. He'll think he can win a rematch but I suspect that's only because he knows its the only route to a crack at Fury.

Congrats to Daniel, he proved the majority wrong and in some style. One thing is for sure, he has the chin to rival anyone in this division.
Both average Heavyweights tbh.

But the old hype train got onboard ££££$$$$££$£$£$£$£$£$£

Watched it again this morning and it was even more damning if I'm honest, I think he has held a fear factor over other fighters given his explosive power and finishing, but the thing where he's fallen apart in the past is when it suddenly swings the other way and people don't play to the script of being afraid of him. Whyte stumbled on to it early in the career, Wlad did that to him for a few rounds but he came through on those occasions, Ruiz did that as soon as he dropped him and he couldn't deal with it that time.

Daniel last night came in with zero fear from the off and wanted AJ to throw at him, he knew he was going to trade regardless of what came back and knew he could take him out. Whatever gameplan AJ had to ease himself in and impose himself went completely out of the window in the first 30 seconds when he ate a big jab and right hand, he couldn't recover and couldn't adjust. Sloppy mistakes throughout, maybe his head was frazzled but he almost didn't take the threat of what was in front of him seriously at times. Even the ending was telling too, he lands his first big right hand and goes all in thinking this is it, all shape and form gone expecting nothing will come back, Daniel was the calm one though.

I think he and Wilder might share the same weakness of not being able to cope that well being backed up and having the fight taken to them (wilder obviously to a much greater extent). Sad that we never got that fight, and really the Fury fight might be gone now as well. I think the only option for AJ is a rematch, and based on what we saw I think Daniel simply has the beating of him if he takes the same approach. Maybe AJ and Fury can have a final fight together, but the spectacle is gone now for me, both not the same as they were, seemingly at the end of the road.

Had a lot to do with Daniel being incredibly strong and hard hitting, he beat Usyk in my opinion but the Ref wrongly called it a low blow. It wasnt, it was a legal shot.

It was low. You don't know what a low blow is in boxing. It doesn't have to be in the nuts, anywhere between the belly button and below is very vulnerable and illegal. Try punching yourself above the belly button and then below and you'll see why it's illegal.

I don’t think AJ should retire, I’d still like to see him fight fury if he loses the Usuk rematch (and I still think he has a good chance of beating fury).

For me AJs main problem is that his performances are all over the place, one minute he’s like the terminator - the next minute he’s like a deer in the headlights, frozen stiff - he falls to pieces.

I think he’s had his time at the elite level, I’d still like to see him fight - but I think that was his last real chance at a world heavyweight title.

Well that’s the end of the AJ train. He’s given some fantastic nights of entertainment, was brilliant for British boxing and achieved a hell of a lot but it’s over now.

Sad seeing him go out like that but that’s how it goes. It was like when you see a nature documentary and a new young lion runs the old lion from the pride

If Hearn sees him as a friend as he likes to say and not a cash cow, he’ll tell him to retire and enjoy his spoils

Well that’s the end of the AJ train. He’s given some fantastic nights of entertainment, was brilliant for British boxing and achieved a hell of a lot but it’s over now.

Sad seeing him go out like that but that’s how it goes. It was like when you see a nature documentary and a new young lion runs the old lion from the pride

If Hearn sees him as a friend as he likes to say and not a cash cow, he’ll tell him to retire and enjoy his spoils
As usual @Junglist, you've hit the nail on the head :)

Of course, he can fight on and as a fan I'll still watch but also as a fan I don't see what he has left to achieve? He's pretty much achieved it all other than being undisputed which is a very ambitious aim. If he called it a day now, even with that KO end to his career he can still walk away with his head held high (ok, having his chin held high was partly what put him on the floor!!), his bank account looking very healthy and most importantly, he can walk away with his facilities in tact.

He gave it a good go, made disgusting amounts of money, had incredible levels of success and ended it showing he has heart. He has zero reason to step back into that ring, in my opinion. Unless he is just one of those people that loves competition. I just hate seeing boxers drag the career on for longer than it needs to be.

Was gutted for AJ as I really like him but at the same time, I'm really happy for Dubois. Everyone, including me, wrote him off. I wrote him off after he quit with Usyk but what a comeback he has had. It's easy to just make it all about AJ being finished but it was Daniel who made him look finished and he went into that fight with 90% of the boxing media writing him off.

Congrats DDD. Crazy how much career he has had at such a young age.

Watching it back, Dubois was fighting more like a prime Mike Tyson, just right on the inside throwing huge hooks, out then in, again and again AJ just had no idea how to weather that type of storm. Not overthinking things, just using speed aggression and power to smash his opponent up.

I think we can safely say how Hearn sees him. Barely minutes after the fight has ended, no doubt before even speaking with AJ, he’s fielding questions from teenage YouTubers on AJ’s future and was quite clear he’s definitely not retiring.

With Benn quietly serving a ban, AJ’s pretty much the only big name UK fighter he has left now. He’s going to want to milk that cow as long as he can.

I think we can safely say how Hearn sees him. Barely minutes after the fight has ended, no doubt before even speaking with AJ, he’s fielding questions from teenage YouTubers on AJ’s future and was quite clear he’s definitely not retiring.

With Benn quietly serving a ban, AJ’s pretty much the only big name UK fighter he has left now. He’s going to want to milk that cow as long as he can.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think AJ needs to retire if he wants to continue fighting on. I suppose as a heavyweight and what's going on with this Riyad Season stuff, you may as well may hay whilst the sun shines

I just think from the perspective of being a fan, what has he got left to achieve? He's 34/35 and if he wants to go for another title run can he really be bothered with fighting the top 15/10 again to rebuild?

Other than the Fury fight he hasn't really got anyone from his generation left worth fighting.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think AJ needs to retire if he wants to continue fighting on. I suppose as a heavyweight and what's going on with this Riyad Season stuff, you may as well may hay whilst the sun shines :D

I just think from the perspective of being a fan, what has he got left to achieve? He's 34/35 and if he wants to go for another title run can he really be bothered with fighting the top 15/10 again to rebuild?

Other than the Fury fight he hasn't really got anyone from his generation left worth fighting.
Maybe we need new looser devision AJ/FURY/WILDER this fights now belong here :D

Don't get me wrong, I don't think AJ needs to retire if he wants to continue fighting on. I suppose as a heavyweight and what's going on with this Riyad Season stuff, you may as well may hay whilst the sun shines

Oh I agree, I just wasn’t missing a chance to call Hearn a ****.

What Hearn should have said to the questions is that’s a decision for AJ and his team to make once the dust settles but he and his apprentice Frank Smith were both telling YouTubers that he’s here to stay. They don’t care about him.

As for what options there are for AJ moving forwards. In terms of big money fights he’s probably got to rematch Dubois and come through that and build towards a massive fight with Fury but that’s a massive gamble both from a health pov and financial pov. Another devastating loss and that’s it for him. If he gets plastered all over the canvass again I can’t see him fighting again. So does he avoid Dubois, fight a couple of bums, tell the world he’s back again, rematch Whyte (Hearn will kid people into believing that’s a big fight) and if the opportunity is still there, look for the final pay day vs Fury.

It all rests on what AJ wants. Given the money he’s earned, you couldn’t blame him for walking away if he decided to but maybe he’s driven by money so much (which he’s claimed before) that he’ll want to keep earning as long as he can.

Oh I agree, I just wasn’t missing a chance to call Hearn a ****.

What Hearn should have said to the questions is that’s a decision for AJ and his team to make once the dust settles but he and his apprentice Frank Smith were both telling YouTubers that he’s here to stay. They don’t care about him.

As for what options there are for AJ moving forwards. In terms of big money fights he’s probably got to rematch Dubois and come through that and build towards a massive fight with Fury but that’s a massive gamble both from a health pov and financial pov. Another devastating loss and that’s it for him. If he gets plastered all over the canvass again I can’t see him fighting again. So does he avoid Dubois, fight a couple of bums, tell the world he’s back again, rematch Whyte (Hearn will kid people into believing that’s a big fight) and if the opportunity is still there, look for the final pay day vs Fury.

It all rests on what AJ wants. Given the money he’s earned, you couldn’t blame him for walking away if he decided to but maybe he’s driven by money so much (which he’s claimed before) that he’ll want to keep earning as long as he can.
Yes you are right but do we want to see rematch with Dubios ? I don't, give a chance to someone else it's boring to see and wait for all those rematch fights especially AJ wasn't a champion to deserve rematch.

I think his future half hangs on the result of the Usyk Fury rematch now, it was that conclusive a victory for Dubois that we don't really need to see it again, he'd have half been better just getting counted out in the first round and playing the lucky punch angle for a rematch.

If Usyk beats Fury again then I think Fury vs Joshua next year as a last hurrah would still be viable, nowhere near as big as it could have been but people will still want to see it, get Chisora and Whyte on the undercard along with Joe Joyce and it could be a retirement special :D. If Usyk still sticks around maybe Dubois could then have another crack if he still has his belt, who knows though, I think Usyk has earned the right to walk away into the sunset given that he's already beaten everybody.

If Fury wins though I'm not sure where he goes as you'd imagine Dubois will again be next in line if he still has the belt, he might just call everybody a dosser and retire for the 5th time.

Back
Top Bottom