*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

I’d like to run it back if I was Bivol. Neither man deserved to lose but I still wanted a Bivol win.

Don’t agree with the wide card

Bivol got hit with a jab in the 5th and everything changed

One of the hardest fights to score either way, Beterbiev won 2/3 rounds clear, the rest Bivol looked slightly on top based on his punch out put but he was always on the back foot.

Beterbiev stops Bivol if that happened a few years ago, Bivol wins a rematch next year.

Last edited:
Beterbiev not pleased with his performance, I think that highlights the skills he was up against because he was simply unable to inflict the punishment he's used to doing on his opponents. Bivol looks far more beaten up. I'd like to see a rematch, don't think you can call that a robbery though.

I would have been happy with a draw, feel bad for either losing. But I feel AB did the more damage, and was the aggressor all fight. Bivol was defensively excellent, and had some nice looking moments but too far inbetween.

If beterbiev was the champion and bivol a challenger, you could never give that fight to bivol as he was on the run most the fight.

If however it was the other way round and beterbiev was the challenger, you'd argue he didn't do enough to beat a defending champion who was slick and basically did a mayweather.

The difficulty in scoring lies in the fact they are both champions so it comes down to which style you prefer as they were both very different. I can see a case for either though.

The full scorecards:
GZuaPiuWQAoiiCP.jpeg
Surprised to see all 3 judges give the 3rd to Beterbiev. I had the first 3 and the 9th all clear Bivol rounds, with 5,6, 10 and 11 Beterbievs and then a bit of a toss up for the others.

If beterbiev was the champion and bivol a challenger, you could never give that fight to bivol as he was on the run most the fight.

If however it was the other way round and beterbiev was the challenger, you'd argue he didn't do enough to beat a defending champion who was slick and basically did a mayweather.

The difficulty in scoring lies in the fact they are both champions so it comes down to which style you prefer as they were both very different. I can see a case for either though.
I don't think Bivol ran at at all,he stood in front of Beterbiev and beat him to the punch until around round 9-10

I don't think Bivol ran at at all,he stood in front of Beterbiev and beat him to the punch until around round 9-10
One was stalking and applying pressure, one was throwing quicker flashier combos and moving, we saw two very different styles, both effective in their own way. I didn't really see a loser in there tonight I saw and appreciated a brilliant brilliant fight.

To say that was a robbery, is an insult to all the actual robberies we've had over the years in boxing.

Back
Top Bottom