*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

We thought Bivol had that by a round or two, probably stolen in the first few rounds of the fight. The momentum was definitely swinging in the second half though, he had a the right plan but it looked like it was becoming less effective as time went on.

Brilliant contest though, very happy to see a rematch.

That's not how to judge a fight.Beterbiev is the much bigger puncher,so if course Bivol will come out looking worse
No it isn't, but it tells part of the story. Both guys were standing at the end, neither went down at any point. One looked battered and one looked fairly unmarked. I saw a very close fight, you saw a robbery.

Looking at the scorecards, all three judges gave Beterbiev 3, 5, 6, 9, 10 and 11 so he was on for a draw regardless. I thought Bivol won round 3 clearly so shows how different people see it.

Rounds 4 and 7 decided it and I thought Beterbiev won round 4 myself.

Last edited:
Chechen warlords climb in the ring while in a country with record executions, sports washing is working as they planned. Western sports gatekeepers take their 30 pieces of silver without a second thought.

Cracking fight. I'd have gone draw from what I saw but we missed a few rounds when it kicked off in the bar we were at.

I enjoyed Whitaker having a hard time as well.

Lol'ing at the robbery comments, It was a close fought match but lets not get carried away..
A rematch is warranted though.
Yeh it wasn't a robbery.

If the fight went on for another couple of rounds, where of course it didn't, then there was only one winner (which there was anyway).

Both fighters treated the afters respectfully which is what upsets a lot of folk lol.

If there is a rematch. Don't see things getting any better for Bivol.

Last edited:
Agree re the robbery comments. Boxing is probably the only sport where a close fight could result in such a wide score due to the scoring system.

Surely the rematch favours Bivol though? If only due to Beterbiev's age.

Agree re the robbery comments. Boxing is probably the only sport where a close fight could result in such a wide score due to the scoring system.

Surely the rematch favours Bivol though? If only due to Beterbiev's age.
Age would be the only factor if it happens again in a year or two.

That's literally the only thing that favours Bivol.

Last edited:
Age would be the only fatcor if it happens again in a year or two.

That's literally the only thing that favours Bivol.
Maybe, I just think Bivol's the type of fighter that's more likely to be able to learn lessons from the first fight and be able to adapt. Beterbiev will just be Beterbiev though. It would be great to see again so we can find out though.

Maybe, I just think Bivol's the type of fighter that's more likely to be able to learn lessons from the first fight and be able to adapt. Beterbiev will just be Beterbiev though. It would be great to see again so we can find out though.
I agree however. I do think Bivol put up his best. And can't see him pulling a rabit out of a hat.

Last edited:
I've watched the fight now and there's no way Bivol lost that! I'll have to watch it again but Bivol dictated the fight and clearly won more rounds, the closer rounds could have gone either way and Beterbiev did win some but Bivol won that fight for sure, 100%.

Regarding the robbery comment, I wouldn't say it was but wasn't far off.

So impressed by Bivol! Beterbiev is clearly a beast and is relentless but Bivol's movement, accuracy and fight/ring control is something else, you can see that one of Bivol's favourite boxers is Sugar Ray.

There's a really good post fight interview that Bivol gave, he comes across as a really smart/wise person too.

Bivol wins the rematch surely?

Even both corners thought Bivol won!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom