*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
i dont know how AJs record is so much better?
tell me how AJs record doesnt have so called "journeymen" as you call it

Ruiz took his belt whilst dieting on snickers
I think the below links explain that :)

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/659461
https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/479205

wasnt it to fight in AJs back yard and not america?

also klitchko was in back yard

I’m not sure on location but Wilder 100% admitted he got offered more cash to fight AJ and decided to fight a Fury 2 or 3 fights back from weighing 20 odd stone make of that what you will.

Anyway I’m going to get ready for the fight, let’s hope it’s a good one.

Ultimately Everyone wants to see Fury & AJ fight let’s hope it happens when they are in their prime. :)

Associate
I’m not a boxer and we’re not discussing me we’re discussing Tyson Fury. It’s ok to disagree we all have opinions I’m just sharing mine about Fury and AJ.

Wasn't meaning that you aren't entitled to opinion, just wanted to know how credible it is when talking about the skill level of fighters. I have done a little bit of boxing and someone of equal natural ability with a year of focused training could make me look like an idiot... not hard, however if I had solely trained boxing for 10 years, undefeated after 15+ fights then it would take a highly skilled fighter to make me look like a journeyman.

Soldato
I think the below links explain that :)

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/659461
https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/479205

I’m
not sure on location but Wilder 100% admitted he got offered more cash to fight AJ and decided to fight a Fury 2 or 3 fights back from weighing 20 odd stone make of that what you will.

Anyway I’m going to get ready for the fight, let’s hope it’s a good one.

Ultimately Everyone wants to see Fury & AJ fight let’s hope it happens when they are in their prime. :)

i know both fighters records hench why im asking why you think fury has only fought journeymen and AJ hasnt

Charles Martin
breazeale
Molina

hardly class opponents for AJ either

Permabanned
i know both fighters records hench why im asking why you think fury has only fought journeymen and AJ hasn't

Charles Martin
breazeale
Molina

Charles Martin was undefeated and Aj was on only his 16th fight as a pro for a World Title.

Breazeale was undefeated and Aj was defending his belt in only his 17th fight.

Molina granted was journey man but a decent test never the less still only 18 fights into his career. Name another heavyweight fighting that level of opponent 16,17 and 18 fights into their careers?

Soldato
i know both fighters records hench why im asking why you think fury has only fought journeymen and AJ hasnt

Charles Martin
breazeale
Molina

As @Doobedoo pointed out Charles Martin was the IBF champion at the point of fighting him. A weak champion who got the belt by default but a champion still. And one Tyson thought Joshua would lose against.

A post I made about Fury last year...

....Stop acting as if he is genuinely head and shoulders above everyone else in the division when he hasn't fought more than 2 of the current top 20. Wilder and Chisora. If you want to stretch it further then he has only fought 3 of the top 31 fighters in the world and people are declaring him the greatest fighter every without actually fighting much of the world level opposition.

His win against Wlad was amazing. Boring, but a masterclass. But he can't hang his laurels on that win 5 years ago and a win against a weak champion in Wilder (Go on - tell me who Wilder has really beat to be such a strong champion. He had cherry picked so many defences it was ridiculous. His best wins are Ortiz ((Who in turn his best win is bloody Dave Allen, a Malik Scott who ran away all night and Bryant Jennings.)) The only reason Wilder went for the Fury fight was because he thought Fury was way past his best and he was hoping for an easier nights work and a name on his resume. I always said AJ would beat Wilder so I don't think Fury has done anything that AJ couldn't do himself. He fights in a very different way to Fury so he'd never dance his was to a point victory over someone like Wlad but he did get the KO.

Tyson Fury's top 5 wins...

1. W Klitschko
2. Wilder
3. Chisora
4. Johnson
5. Hammer

It's a joke. There are lots of good fights out there for Tyson to prove he is the real deal but he never takes them, talks complete BS and his fans lap it up.

TF: 31 fights, 3 World title fights, zero unifications, zero defences and only 3 fights with opponents within the top 30 (with 2 being active)

AJ: 25 fights, 10 world title fights, two unifications, 8 defences and 3 with current active top 10 fighters and another 5 in #15-#29 (not counting Klitshcko)

You can cherry pick the weaker opponents but his weaker opponents are still better than the likes of Tom Schwartz, Francesco Pienetta and Sefer Seferi. I'd pick the likes of Povetkin, Pulev, Ruiz, Parker and Takam to all beat those fighters and it's not like those were fights earlier in his career. He took those fights after returning from his drug binge, sorry, mental health issues :rolleyes:

For a man who calls himself a spartan and a fighting man he sure loves taking easy touches. He got gifted a win against John McDermott and was lucky to not have the fight against Otto Wallin stopped due to the cut. Anyone who wasn't a big draw would've had that fight called off.

Say what you will about either man but AJ actually fights credible opposition consistently, isn't a drug cheat and has actually defended his belt.

Back
Top Bottom