**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Finding the flip function not as smooth as I thought ,and you need to apply quite a bit of pressure to slid it upwards.(ed. Pulling sliding is easier from the top third of the screen).

Hmm, I guess you wouldn't want it to be too loose to slide down either though, be interesting to see how you've found that after a few days use.

I've been trying to decide whether to get a 2s or wait for the 3 to drop, but thinking about how often I actually use the front facing camera I may as well just get the 2s. The 3 is stunning looking though, enjoy. :)

Soldato
Well the rear is slippy and the glass can be slippy, so I'm finding it difficult to get any traction on the display to start the slide. However like yourself I hardly ever take selfies or intend to use the face unlock so it's not an issue.

On a side note, I've decided to keep this and return the pixel 3 XL , the pixel just isn't worth double the mix.

Soldato
Pocophone F1 gets delivered today, means I get to have a good play with it over the weekend especially getting out to test the camera in some good weather.

Ordered from eGlobal Central on 6th November with daily tracking updates. Not bad!

Soldato
Ha. I saw the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite was discounted on Amazon at £180 (64GB version) so put it in my basket on the tube this morning. I go to finish the order and it's now reduced to £159.99. Sweet!

Although annoyingly even though it's a one-day Prime delivery it's saying I won't get it until Tues? :confused: It's going to a Doddle point too?! What gives?

I should probably look out for a big SD card to chuck in it.. assuming I'm going to keep the A2L rather than the OP6 which is sitting unopened at home :o

Soldato
Any ideas why my downloads just sit on "download pending" on the play store on my pocophone? Tried clearing the cache, force stopped the app, unistalled updates to it, updated MIUI and rebooted... One I had pending before rebooting had installed during the reboot but any I try download after get stuck on pending again

E: must have been something updating in the background that I couldn't find , working now. impressed so far!

Last edited:
Associate
I received my Mi 8 pro this morning. Bought it from Mi direct. I wasnt aware they shipped from France though so it took a few days. I Upgraded from a Mi 5s. The screen is a huge improvement and the fingerprint sensor seems responsive. I have never been a fan of MIUI but I can cope with it until it gets some ROM support.

Soldato
Got a good offer on the Mix 3 ,small profit on what I made so decided to sell it on. Really nice device, no complaints about the battery, screen or camera with the software bloat and the weight of the device being the only issues that I wasn't too keen on. Back to chasing my tail :)

Soldato
I must have got lucky! As per my post above the 64gb was £180 but dropped to £160 briefly. Must have been a glitch in the matrix! Although I ordered on Thurs my "prime one day delivery" is not coming until Tues :confused:

I just bought a 128gb Samsung sdxc card for £26 which seems like a good price for a class 10, UH3 card. From Amazon if you're interested.

Seen as you're getting it first let me know what you think! The only potentially downside to the phone I'm thinking is the camera..

Soldato
According to my Keepa plugin, it's never been below £172, which is odd (aside one day, someone apparently listed it at £110!) Sounds like you got a good buy. Yeah, Amazon tells me Prime (I don't see it saying 'Prime One Day Delivery' anywhere?) delivery will be Wednesday.

Soldato
Seems like still a lot of money to spend on a phone with the age old Snapdragon 625.

It is a good size though, and stock android.
Admittedly I haven't got mine yet but if like me your requirements included a body <150mm, a headphone jack and something resembling stock Android -- theres really no choice at all. I'm thinking rather than putting up with the brick that is a OP6, I'll keep this for a year or two and see if manufacturers realise that not everyone wants a 6" phablet. I don't watch movies or anything on my phone, I need something I can use one handed whilst standing in the Picadilly line. The battery is another big selling point in it, btw. 4,000mAh isn't to be sniffed at.

The fact that all phones have notches now (which I'm fine with) means bodies should be getting smaller. The Mi A2 Lite is case in point compared to my OP One. Smaller body, bigger screen. As it should be.

Back
Top Bottom