**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
There were a few posters above who were waiting on a Mi A2 Lite. Where did they go? Curious as to what their thoughts are on the device.

I'm picking mine up tonight :)

Soldato
Right, I am going to purchase the Redmi Note 5 from Amazon as it's currently at £149. This will be for the missus for Xmas as her SGS6 is on its last legs. But I want to get a decent enough flip case for it. I'm searching on the bay but most of the stuff seems to come from China. Anyone here purchase a flip case for their RN5? What do you recommend? When I got my RN5 from China it came with a flip case.

EDIT: Managed to find one on the Bay. Hopefully the missus will like it!

Last edited:
Soldato
guys what would people recommend, up to £250 for my pops for christmas. i was looking at the Huawei P20 Lite. but guessing i can get something else for simlar money, needs to be sub 6" and as close to stock as possible.

the Mi A2 Lite is also tempting, and could do the job, rumours that it will be £150 tomorrow.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Has anyone had issues with Xioami notifications? When i had my redmi note 3 i found them to be very inconsistent. For example it would sometimes tell me when i had emails and then it wouldnt and I'd find 5 emails. Is this still an issue on miui on xioami and pocofone? I assume this wouldnt be the case on the a2/lite as they are android one.
My brother still has my old phone and cant solve the issue. It is on miui9.

Still some issues on Pocophone, hoping Android Pie will fix it.

Soldato
Currently trying to decide whether to get a mi mix 2s or hold fire for the 3, anyone know how long it usually is before Xiaomi release the global version of a new model? I've not really been looking at Chinese phones until recently, but figured some of you would know how long it took with the 2 and 2s for example.

Associate
Currently trying to decide whether to get a mi mix 2s or hold fire for the 3, anyone know how long it usually is before Xiaomi release the global version of a new model? I've not really been looking at Chinese phones until recently, but figured some of you would know how long it took with the 2 and 2s for example.

rumours of a december release, fingers crossed

Associate
Mine seems fine, I'm sure there are faster but it seems like around a quarter of a second, maybe a third. I'm OK with that. Perhaps a reboot will help...

Soldato
Yeah I tried a reboot last night. Still haven't fully migrated to it yet, the OP6 nearly (finally) got sent back to Amazon but this has worried me!

Associate
On the A2 Lite has anyone else noticed that you can set a gesture to swipe down on the fingerprint reader to open the notifications/quick settings and swipe up to close. It makes the notch more bearable and wasn't something I was immediately aware of.

Associate
On the A2 Lite has anyone else noticed that you can set a gesture to swipe down on the fingerprint reader to open the notifications/quick settings and swipe up to close. It makes the notch more bearable and wasn't something I was immediately aware of.

Just enabled this on my Nokia 6.1 Plus and spent a few minutes swiping up and down and almost giggling!

That's so awesome :D

Back
Top Bottom