**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

nam

nam

Soldato
I can't seem to get Google Play services. I have rooted and installed http://www.vibeui.com/vibeui/rom?key=k3 note#version-slip1 but seem to have missed the step where you add google play services. Anyone ?

Edit : http://www.android.gs/download-install-and-flash-google-apps-for-android/ gives the 5.0 Playstore access.

Still don't have 4G , just getting 3G symbol using a Giffgaff4G sim which worked in my S4

What do you use to remove the chinese apps ?

I have installed ESET mobile security but don't see option to remove apps

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Jumobile system app remover. Just don't remove IncallUI or Lenovo Safe Centre. The first is needed for making calls and the second for managing apps with the VibeUI rom. Theme Center is worth keeping if you want to change the lock screen wallpaper or ring tones without downloading alternatives.

The K3 doesn't have all the LTE bands, which might be why your 4g isn't working. Depends on which bands O2 use.

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
Thanks I am liking the phone, but 2 days messing about has left me drained :D

Annoying any way to get rid ?
n6xtnq.jpg

GiffGaff 4G Sim , but only 3G..
w9h9wg.jpg

Jumobile system app remover. Just don't remove IncallUI or Lenovo Safe Centre. The first is needed for making calls and the second for managing apps with the VibeUI rom. Theme Center is worth keeping if you want to change the lock screen wallpaper or ring tones without downloading alternatives.

The K3 doesn't have all the LTE bands, which might be why your 4g isn't working. Depends on which bands O2 use.

nam

nam

Soldato
Another question, When you go to gmail and try and add an attachment from local storage the option is not present. All i get to see is DropBox and Gallery and Google Drive. Is there a way to override this or a limitation of the default lenovo file browser

nam

nam

Soldato
Lenovo K3

Stock dialer/Ringer for incoming calls is rubbish. I changed over to the Ex-Dialer for dialing out. But Incoming calls still ring through on the lenovo dialer screen. Can this be changed ?

Soldato
OP
Stock dialer/Ringer for incoming calls is rubbish. I changed over to the Ex-Dialer for dialing out. But Incoming calls still ring through on the lenovo dialer screen. Can this be changed ?

AFAIK the in call ui is built into the rom and therefore can't be changed. Having said that it does rely on a standalone app (IncallUI) so I guess someone could theoretically make a replacement but I doubt anyone outside of Chinese forums will bother. Custom roms might eventually change it if we get some good ones.

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
Thanks. Do you have any issues with the volume being low for media ? I don't have the waves maxx audio. Seem's to keep crashing so i disabled it, any other alternatives ?

AFAIK the in call ui is built into the rom and therefore can't be changed. Having said that it does rely on a standalone app (IncallUI) so I guess someone could theoretically make a replacement but I doubt anyone outside of Chinese forums will bother. Custom roms might eventually change it if we get some good ones.

nam

nam

Soldato
Thanks i reflashed again with the same vibe rom and maxx audio is working now but i have lost the Root ability. So may need to apply that again, good thing that without Root enabled i get the OTA update from Vibe UI tonight and now on VIBEUI_v2.5_1525_7.216.1_Dev_K50-T5

Maxx seems to work fine for me. AudioFX. EqualizerFX or Viper might be worth a look? I haven't used any of them myself however.

Soldato
OP
Yeah having to unroot for OTA upgrades then reroot and install cwm is a bit of a pain. I'm on 1522 stable version, going to stick with that until a decent 5.1 rom turns up I think, I've got no issues with 1522.

nam

nam

Soldato
gone back to 1722 problems with no notifications and general slowness across apps. 1722 seems to be working fine with all notifications. Don't know if i am doing this right but i copy the rom to the local run cwm from phone and let it update the zip file i just copied once done then insstall gapps , is that the best method ?

Soldato
OP
That should work, but normally you'd also do a factory reset and wipe the normal and Dalvik caches and format the system partition (all within cwm) beforehand to make sure it was a clean install. Apparently old system files, kernel fragments etc can potentially cause issues or reduce performance otherwise.

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
Well i tried to do a factory reset through the settings. Now i am stuck back at the Welcome screen with this error ? Any ideas how to get past this ?

10gbi4l.jpg

Soldato
Thank you - that's brilliant. At least this will be a start for me. Am almost certain to get this device as it seems like excellent tech for the money.

I didn't end up getting this phone. I spent days looking at so many options from the Jiayu S3 to Ecco e04, Mlais M52, siswoo icooper among others.
However I got the LG Optimus G Pro. I know it is older tech but it's already got an established fanbase/support. It came rooted with a european jelly bean install but I have since updated to the official LG Lollipop rom.

Back
Top Bottom