**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Where from stoosh? That looks like a good buy!

Cheers! from here Mate. They are based here in the UK but I think they get the phones from China then post to your address.

URL="http://www.topresellerstore.co.uk/smartphone/209-huawei-honor-7-52-fhd-kirin-935-20-mp-dual-sim-lte-3100-mah-android-50.html?search_query=Honor+7&results=9&cid="]http://www.topresellerstore.co.uk/s...d-50.html?search_query=Honor+7&results=9&cid=[/URL]

I bought the Gold 64GB version and supposedly it works with UK LTE bands and has access to Google Play and has a English ROM.

Had to sell my trusty Z3 to buy the Honor 7! :eek:

I have a Xiaomi Mi 4i coming, will look forward to testing this out. Let me know if anyone wants information on this.

I've only been considering getting a new phone because my Xiaomi Mi2S has taken a bit of a battering.

The screen cracked after a drop in December and I replaced it with a non-genuine part from ebay (that actually seems more scratch resistant than the original dragontail glass!). Since then the camera focus has been off for close-ups and the proximity sensor doesnt work. Seems both are common problems when the screen has been replaced. The USB port has worn after daily use as a satnav too.

It looks like I might be able to fix the camera focus though. It might be that I've not put a bit of rubber back correctly. It's unlikely that I'll get the proximity sensor working without getting a genuine screen (which are pricey) but I've been able to work around it. If I can get the camera back in order I can work around the proximity sensor issue.

All said - the Mi2S is the best phone I've ever owned. If it wasn't getting bit rough around the edges after 2 years I'd have no desire to upgrade. There is absolutely no sign of slowdown on anything I throw at it. I'm keeping a look out for faulty Mi2s or Mi2Ss on ebay to harvest the genuine parts. The only 2 things that are a bit irritating are the partition layout (4GB for the main partion is restrictve for apps but I've not got around to flashing MIUI V6. The latest versions have unified storage) and that GPS doesn't work well in 'high accuracy' mode (it's anything but). Using device only it's great though so an easy work around.

I don't really want a bigger phone and nothing really seems like a massive upgrade under 5 inches even now.

Last edited:
I certainly hope so! Should be here by the end of the week at the latest. Either way it's fine as I'm still waiting on the tempered screen protector and case

I agree with you with regards to buying new tech. It's an addiction but keeping up with it is getting a quite tiresome now with all the hassle that comes with switching phones over.

Hi all, just looking at a new phone. I've had a works BlackBerry for the last few years.

What is the best option for about 100 quid?

The umi Hammer looks good but seems to be out of stock anywhere (Europe)I look.

Where did you two buy from? I am looking for a cheap but well specced phone.

I bought mine from eglobalcentral.co.uk off their eBay store. Took 7 working days to come. It's an HK version, but that's fine - has Google services pre-installed. I've yet to actually play with it yet, just want to get a shield and case for it first. :D

At first glance MIUI looks great.

Pmd0dZ9l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom