**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I'm stuck trying to install TWRP.

I flash recovery.img to the phone and then reboot. But it goes straight to Mi Recovery, no TWRP menu???

Soldato
So this goes ok

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot devices
BE7SQKHAZ9PFCAIN fastboot

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
sending 'recovery' (12518 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.573s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.308s]
finished. total time: 0.883s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

then pressing pwr, + & - leads to nothing.

pressing pwr & + goes to Mi Recovery 2.01

Associate
after you flash twrp are you letting miui boot up? from what i remember miui will re-write mi recovery if it is allowed to boot up, you need to reboot directly into twrp.

if it's not the above then it is likely a driver issue. have you installed miflash? this should install the correct drivers but may still give problems!

do you have access to a mac/linux machine? no drivers needed and less of a headache :)

Associate
Really liking the look of the Xiaomi Mi5 at the moment but I'm currently toying between this and the newly announced OnePlus 3T for when it's released in a few days time to replace my OnePlus X which has took a bit of a dive since it's last major OTA update. However I'm unsure at this stage if the 3T would be the better candidate in comparison to the Mi5, having never delved into the Chinese phone territory in this respect before.

Also, am I right thinking that it will be better to go for the 4GB version of the Mi5 over the 3GB?

Edit - I think the 4GB RAM version is the Mi5 Pro isn't it?

Many thanks - Liam.

Last edited:
Associate
Bought a Le Max 2 phone, should be arriving tomo.

£230 for 5.7 1440P, SD820, 4GB RAM, 32GB Storage. Has a pretty good review on gsmarena.

Upgrading from a HTC One Max. Will post my thoughts when it arrives :)

Back
Top Bottom