**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Developer access is gained through tapping the miui version window in detailed info and specs section, about 6 times. Careful though, as screen dpi can send things a bit 'screwy' if you got wild with the numbers.

Gotta say, I googled the camera rattle when I got my 13 ultra, having 4x 50MP cameras all with OIS, the thing sounds like a babies rattle! :D
Does the ultrawide have OIS?

Associate
Anyone else using the Nubia Z60 Ultra? In the end I took a bite in the Aliexpress Anniversary sale and got one for £430 (12GB/256GB) and I genuinely can't believe how good this phone is. Almost-stock android, banking and android auto work, and the camera is really decent. I think the only thing which might put people off is the very much classic Thinkpad aesthetic the phone has; it's pretty ugly.

Maybe it's a bit of a shame but I don't even really see people discussing this phone very much.

Caporegime
Using my new Xiaomi 14 Ultra... It's OK but the default text size on most apps is too small for my eyes compared to the POCO F3 which I've just come from and the Mi8 Lite before that. Increasing the font size is fine but some apps then have difficulty adjusting and end up hiding the bottom half of title words etc.

Also the camera rattle is annoying somewhat.

Have you had any issues with the lens fogging up?

Associate
Which phone to replace my POCO X3 NFC as battery no longer lasting a day?

I have generally bought mid range phones £200-£350, but can go up a bit if worthwhile.

I game a bit but nothing intensive and X3 never been an issue for this.
I have never had a great camera but I think this is now a priority as I use a lot with kids.
Main use is watching you tube inc outside so decent bright amoled screen
I like Xiaomi, last 3 phones, but not a must.
I use Nova but again not a must.

This type of thread was really common last time I looked but I cant see any from this year. I did see someone liked the X6 Pro but a quick google indicated camera wasn't great and I probably don't need the speed.

Any suggestions please?

Associate
Pixel 7 for the camera is a good choice but battery life crap. My wife has to charge it all the time.
Poco F5 Pro is on offer for £9 more than your budget and the camera should be an improvement. Check out gsm arena and do a comparison of your current phone, they do a size up and a photo comparison. Just make sure the main camera has OIS. My OP9 does not and getting a picture of my kids that's not a blur is like winning the lottery.

Soldato
I'm sending the X6 Pro that I got for my mother back. They've butchered the notification settings and the camera is too naff. Plus no AOD? Just why.

Managed to grab a new Pixel 7 for £280.

Use the voucher

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
I'm sending the X6 Pro that I got for my mother back. They've butchered the notification settings and the camera is too naff. Plus no AOD? Just why.

Managed to grab a new Pixel 7 for £280.

Use the voucher

Nice find. The Mrs was looking at one on contract and this may work on cheaper so will mention it.

maj

maj

Soldato
Looking to open a Starling bank account but their app detects my unlocked bootloader. Nationwide app installed with no complaints.

If I install magisk then Google pay stops working. Wondering if I can re-apply boot loader as a fix? Hopefully you can then request it to be removed again if needed. Anyone know?

This is on xiaomi.eu ROM.

Last edited:
Soldato
correct , for example if the phone is originally Chinese you can only re lock the bootloader if flashing stock Chinese rom, I have hyperos from xiaomi.eu also had Miui 14 from xiaomi.eu never had issues with banks or google pay just worked and didnt need to mess about with magisk just simple apk to install called Xiaomi.eu GPay Module , I dont have Starling bank when does it detect it does it do it as soon you start app ? if yes I could test it

Last edited:
Soldato
correct , for example if the phone is originally Chinese you can only re lock the bootloader if flashing stock Chinese rom, I have hyperos from xiaomi.eu also had Miui 14 from xiaomi.eu never had issues with banks or google pay just worked and didnt need to mess about with magisk just simple apk to install called Xiaomi.eu GPay Module , I dont have Starling bank when does it detect it does it do it as soon you start app ? if yes I could test it

How are you getting on with HyperOS.eu?

I can update OTA through twrp from the phones settings. But I'm not sure if HyperOS stable is going to be as solid as miui 14 (Xiaomi.eu) I'm currently on. My phone has been rock solid so far with this last version of miui.

Soldato
How are you getting on with HyperOS.eu?

I can update OTA through twrp from the phones settings. But I'm not sure if HyperOS stable is going to be as solid as miui 14 (Xiaomi.eu) I'm currently on. My phone has been rock solid so far with this last version of miui.

had it for just over a week, its stable and everything works such as google pay, bank apps etc didnt need to do anything extra not seeing any difference in performance between them but the phone still runs great anyway but the battery drain is worse I even did clean install , phone is the Mi 11 close to 3 years old and few months ago I replaced the battery with old battery it was struggling to last early evening but new battery easily made it to bedtime so was enough for me to not upgrade for now, but now with hyperOS I can just about make it to late evening its noticeably worse I should have stuck with Miui 14 thinking about flashing back Miui 14 but will have to install everything from fresh or just hope for hyperos update that fixes the battery drain

reading on xiaomi.eu forum not all phones have the issue but I seen few others have mentioned the higher battery drain on the Mi 11 I should have just waited on others feedback first and stuck with Miui 14

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
You can only relock the bootloader if you revert back to the phone's original rom. If you try with the current .eu rom you will brick your phone.

Ah makes sense thank you. I'll just stick as it is as I much prefer it to stock MIUI.

Never had any issues before either until trying Starling. Nationwide, Halifax etc all worked. Already got the Xiaomi.eu GPay module fix installed.

Yeah the message about my phone being insecure came up as soon as I opened the app. I would say it would be good to know if it works in HyperOS as may look to try that if I upgrade to a compatible phone but as Starling cancelled my application with no further details, they can go screw themselves.

Back
Top Bottom