• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Conroe Overclocking Thread ***

Caporegime
OP
Rackerz said:
Apologies for jumping in, just wondering if I could grab a hand of help.

I've attempted overclocking but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

E6600. 1GB RAM.

I've got my FSB @ 300 and set FSB & RAM at a 1:1 ratio. The RAM is now running at 533mhz as opposed to 667mhz.

My mobo is an Intel 975x and the RAM is DDR2 5300.

The only reason I'm asking is because I'm with stock cooling at 2.71Ghz and the test usually fails around 30 seconds with Orthos. So I'm stuck, Windows seems stable.

Anything you can guys can suggest?

Cheers.

Have you raised the vcore?

Associate
CPU at - 1.25V
CPU FSB - 300
Memory specs - 2x512MB Memory Speed 667 PC5400 timings manually set to 5,5,5,15
What voltage is your RAM at - 2.0V (is this safe?)
What temps are you getting at stock - With Coretemp I'm getting 46 - 42 respectively when idle.

I've started running Orthos after setting those and and it's been going fine for the past 24 minutes. No errors. Both cores are running at around 57 (max) and 51 (lowest). Are these high temperatures or around what I should be expecting? I've got the stock cooler also, so I'm just wondering if what I'm doing is correct.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, I cannot find vcore in my bios, all I could find what CPU voltage. Is that what vcore is?

Last edited:
Associate
Right I'm back, it doesn't seem to have gone above 60C or even reached that yet. Best of all, Orthos has been running 10 hours and all is fine.

So the way I have clocked is faster than how I previously had it?

Thanks.

Associate
Hi, I need help overclocking my E6600. Firstly I got it up to 2.99ghz (332mhz x 9) but my FSB would not go over 1,333mhz (stable at 2.8 something for 2 hours prime95 and stable for a 30min session on prime95 at 2.99ghz). I then put the Vcore up to 1.3750V (which came up as 1.392V in CPU-Z) but it wouldn't go over 1,333mhz FSB (unless it just won't do 1,333mhz FSB lol I haven't tried anything more than 1,333mhz on 9x). I then tried lowering the multiplier to 8 and managed to get the FSB up to 1,370mhz but it wouldn't boot any further. This gave a clock speed of 2.72ghz, which is less than what I got on a 9x multiplier. I left everything else stock, and the RAM was kept at around stock (800mhz) and the Vcore was 0.05V more than stock. What is wrong as I can't get this chip past 3ghz with +0.05V on 9x multiplier. Temps at idle are 25-32 (depending on time of day and weather) and load they got to 47 at 2.99ghz so I'm sure they aren't a problem. This is my first time OCing and I can't see what is wrong. Any help apprectiated, I made another thread but this seems a better place as it's all about Conroes. Specs in sig. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom